So people slag off Tameem and let Kojima slide by?

#1DarkJaydragonPosted 2/17/2013 8:11:20 AM
i hear the story he has written for MGR has NO impact at all and Tameem may have insulted the anti's but Kojima made fools of his staff, I had respect for him until I heard about this:

6 minute mark

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/01vlao/annoyed-gamer-in-space--no-one-can-hear-you-be-pissed
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#2darkdragon_9600Posted 2/17/2013 8:18:16 AM(edited)
I might have gotten confused here. He was disrespectful to Kojima, who did a presentation but didn't know how to speak english (but if I recall he had a translator, or it was in broken english or some crap, but you could still understand what he said).

Then, Kojima made his staff do a video with apologies for not being capable of doing a game, so the fans who wanted to play it might not be able to do so, and he's terrible for it?
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#3SilentS89Posted 2/17/2013 8:18:31 AM
Huh, that was interesting.

Doesn't really affect me personally because I am not a Metal Gear or Kojima fan.

I wonder if the context made Kojima's actions more appropriate.

I also wonder if this is some kind of cultural thing that looks bad to us but is normal for them or something.

Just wondering out loud, I really don't have the knowledge or experience (or even interest) to argue any sort of point regarding this though.
#4godslayer61Posted 2/17/2013 8:20:31 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
i hear the story he has written for MGR has NO impact at all and Tameem may have insulted the anti's but Kojima made fools of his staff, I had respect for him until I heard about this:

6 minute mark

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/01vlao/annoyed-gamer-in-space--no-one-can-hear-you-be-pissed

agree it reminds me the way of splintercell losing the stealth part of the game,my god not being able to hide bodies in a splinter cell game thats just plain crap.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#5DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:20:44 AM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
I might have gotten confused here. He was disrespectful to Kojima, who did a presentation but didn't know how to speak english (but if I recall he had a translator, or it was in broken english or some crap, but you could still understand what he said).

Then, Kojima made his staff do a video with apologies for not being capable of doing a game, so the fans who wanted to play it might not be able to do so, and he's terrible for it?

It's to do with Kojima making his staff take the blame when he should have taken it squarely himself and saved his staff, not pass his poop on to them.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#6akira_hisyamPosted 2/17/2013 8:25:14 AM
kojima just a producer of mgr,when mgr 1st announcement it were make by kojima staff not kojima,at that time kojima were busy for mgs hd collection,after he finish with mgs hd he found his mgr team dont know what to do with mgr anymore,they lose the direction.kojima want to cancel the game but he still think mgr as a hns game were good idea.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#7darkdragon_9600Posted 2/17/2013 8:25:19 AM
darkdragon_9600 posted...

It's to do with Kojima making his staff take the blame when he should have taken it squarely himself and saved his staff, not pass his poop on to them.

I see. While I don't disagree with what he did, I can understand why some people might get bothered by it. Then again, it was KojiPro's project, they decided they wanted to do a Raiden game, and couldn't pull it off. They wanted to do it, they failed, they took the blame.

But it does look a bit bad for Kojima. I do find funny how the guy knows he's stupid, but feels like pointing out the bad in Kojima, and then goes into Turtle mode for defending himself.
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#8produnerPosted 2/17/2013 8:28:55 AM
Kojima has games to back up his work and accomplishments.
#9PostCrisisJ2Posted 2/17/2013 8:30:26 AM
You could have chosen a much better video to get your point across, or actually post the video where Kojima made everyone apologize [for what game?]. The video you have is less about that and more about the interviewer making an ass of himself and some dude named HipHopGamer. I'm all for criticism, but I can't be sure what to criticize from is what is a 5 second clip that wasn't even about Kojima in the first place.

In any case, this doesn't mean Tameem should be free of any criticism.
---
http://notebookstuck.tumblr.com/
http://i.imgur.com/8hEuE.jpg
#10DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:30:35 AM
produner posted...
Kojima has games to back up his work and accomplishments.

So that allows him to treat his staff like crap? I could picture if he was the captain of the Titanic "IT WASN'T ME WHO SUNK IT, IT WAS THEM! IT WAS ALL THEIR FAULT!" and points at his crew, it's one of the lowest moves I've seen in a while.
---