VGChartz revises DmC sales downward!

#121FurryyifferPosted 2/19/2013 9:44:29 PM
rockman11_z posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Listen. The game flopped. Why are you pros still crying about it? It doesn't make sense. Accept it and move on.

DmC bombed. It failed. It flopped.

I just read through the entire topic and the grand majority of it is the people who hate the game circle jerking over it flopping in sales, zam. :/

Honestly the game wasnt given a fair shake by either the people who support it or those that were against it. Ok the game failed and now any potential for a sequel to this or even the normal series is completely dead in the water. Which screws people who legitimately like the game but dont think its the best thing ever and those that might want while people have a party over their success of making a game fail.

Seriously looking at some of these responses on this board from both sides makes me sad at how hateful gamers can be :(

Ninja Theory was indeed wrong with how it treated the fans but the fans arent any better especially things like sending death threats to the company and hoping people at Capcom die. Over a video game no less. :/

Both sides are really stupid imo and I feel bad for the people who are legitimately liking the game who get caught in the crossfire of stupidity.

I did not send Tameem death threats. I wish him no ill will. He did what he had to do. He may be arrogant but....

his game FLop flop fLop flop floppy flopp flop , BOMBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DmC= FLOP

Pros = :(

It seems so, zam. I dont think the game is really bad. Certainly no masterpiece but overall enjoyable imo. Id say 7.5 to 8.
I feel bad for a lot of the people who worked on the game though. It really sucks to have something you put a lot of time and effort into torn into because of others like Tameem being stupid :/
---
Ryuho, mate to Mizuki ^-^
Forever in my heart.
#122rockman11_zPosted 2/19/2013 9:49:52 PM
Furryyiffer posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Furryyiffer posted...
rockman11_z posted...
Listen. The game flopped. Why are you pros still crying about it? It doesn't make sense. Accept it and move on.

I just read through the entire topic and the grand majority of it is the people who hate the game circle jerking over it flopping in sales, zam. :/

Honestly the game wasnt given a fair shake by either the people who support it or those that were against it. Ok the game failed and now any potential for a sequel to this or even the normal series is completely dead in the water. Which screws people who legitimately like the game but dont think its the best thing ever and those that might want while people have a party over their success of making a game fail.

Seriously looking at some of these responses on this board from both sides makes me sad at how hateful gamers can be :(

Ninja Theory was indeed wrong with how it treated the fans but the fans arent any better especially things like sending death threats to the company and hoping people at Capcom die. Over a video game no less. :/

Both sides are really stupid imo and I feel bad for the people who are legitimately liking the game who get caught in the crossfire of stupidity.

I did not send Tameem death threats. I wish him no ill will. He did what he had to do. He may be arrogant but....

his game FLop flop fLop flop floppy flopp flop , BOMBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DmC= FLOP

Pros = :(

It seems so, zam. I dont think the game is really bad. Certainly no masterpiece but overall enjoyable imo. Id say 7.5 to 8.
I feel bad for a lot of the people who worked on the game though. It really sucks to have something you put a lot of time and effort into torn into because of others like Tameem being stupid :/

Here is the thing. The game itself is not bad but the reboot is not necessary. Why reboot something if it is really not needed? Most of the gamers wanted a sequel, not a reboot.

Also keep in mind the developer is Ninja Theory who really is not great in developing HnS games.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#123StrelokPosted 2/19/2013 11:40:04 PM
Furryyiffer posted...
rockman11_z posted...

*sigh*

Again with the "death threats".
What? A bad metal song is a death threat (which was aimed at the characters in the game, this is very clear after you look at the lyrics)?
The bad tweets were "death threats"? At the very most it is a threat of physical harm and these comments were very few and far in between, right alongside Tam Tam saying there is no fix for facepalming until you bleed when someone linked to a youtube vid with bugs (Not by the same user) and asked if the bugs would be fixed.

And I feel bad for those that legitimately like this thing as well.
This is why I have been advocating to make this a separate IP for over a year now, when it was clear it'd NEVER do the DMC name justice (when the first gameplay vids came about)
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#124Muscle BusterPosted 2/19/2013 11:52:10 PM(edited)
fesodes posted...
myghostisdead posted...
As you guys know I am an anti but even I didn't expect such low numbers. Even Capcom's revised number is lower than what i predicted. What are the comparisons between DmC and DMC's sales within the same timeframe?

Devil May Cry 4
Game Release dates: JP(Jan 31), NA(Feb 5), AUS(Feb 7), EU(Feb 8)

(PS3).......... Week Ending………Week.......Weekly.........Change
....................2nd Feb 2008…………..1...........208,837..........N/A
....................9th Feb 2008…….….….2...........346,763..........66.0%
...................16th Feb 2008…….…....3...........175,874.........-49.3%

(Xbox360)... Week Ending…….....…Week........Weekly........Change
..................... 2nd Feb 2008…………....1.............42,917..........N/A
...................... 9th Feb 2008…….……...2............376,591.......777.5%
.....................16th Feb 2008…….……...3............182,125.......-51.6%

Total sales for DMC4 after 3 weeks was 1,333,107. For DmC:Devil May Cry it is 580,919.

http://tinyurl.com/arbkhu8

FireMage7777 posted...
Tastes so good

Indeed.

*licks tears of failure off Tameem's cheeks - then kicks him in the head*

---
Don't look at me like that, you cretin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx4CL4Y2Cx0 / http://tinyurl.com/8ccm7pv
#125CyanicKnightPosted 2/25/2013 11:46:53 PM
*walks along* There's hope in this world after all it seems.

Oh and if anyone noticed Tameem has a hat now to hide his hair in the new gameplay interview. I just never saw him wear anything like that before, a bit fishy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/35zgfe2.png
This game we played has on gone on far enough. Reveal your true self!
#126Cloud0110Posted 2/27/2013 11:17:16 AM
CyanicKnight posted...
*walks along* There's hope in this world after all it seems.

Oh and if anyone noticed Tameem has a hat now to hide his hair in the new gameplay interview. I just never saw him wear anything like that before, a bit fishy.

LOL hiding his hair? Probably ashamed to like his own creation : That failure donte