This game should have had styles

#1360pagesPosted 2/17/2013 7:21:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVmuF_ynUH4

It feels like it's a huge step back when they try yo combine everything into a single set. Kind of like DMC 2 Dante, where he had a lot of moves, but controlled like an idiot.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#2tehheadPosted 2/17/2013 7:29:50 PM
Describe how style should work in this game

I really need explanation how to make style gameplay work smoothly with all we had in this game

Should have this, should have that, describe how it work!
#3360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:38:31 PM(edited)
Just have a certain style be set up before the mission starts. Like one demon style and one angel style, and one neutral style. In angel style angel weapons do more damage, and gain extra moves and what not, but demon weapons become weaker. Vice versa, Of course this means getting rid of color coded enemies, but those were horrible to begin with.

They could also add to the balance of things, like Angel style could be defensive giving you a block instead of demon dodge. While Demon style would grant access to demon dodge. Balance style might gain something in place of demon dodge.
---
#4RayconPosted 2/17/2013 7:36:27 PM
tehhead posted...
Describe how style should work in this game

I really need explanation how to make style gameplay work smoothly with all we had in this game

Should have this, should have that, describe how it work!

Well, we could start by taking out everything that was in this game... and putting back in everything that was in DMC4.

>_>
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#5tehheadPosted 2/17/2013 7:46:04 PM
360pages posted...
Just have a certain style be set up before the mission starts. Like one demon style and one angel style, and one neutral style. In angel style angel weapons do more damage, and gain extra moves and what not, but demon weapons become weaker. Vice versa, Of course this means getting rid of color coded enemies, but those were horrible to begin with.

They could also add to the balance of things, like Angel style could be defensive giving you a block instead of demon dodge. While Demon style would grant access to demon dodge. Balance style might gain something in place of demon dodge.

So, something similar to DMC3, but instead now it is passive skill that boost certain rank of weapon & decrease other

Ok, describe more move for osiris, i mean, how will osiris has more move when there is no button input to do it

And how does blocking work in this game? Analog + [] ?
#6360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:51:33 PM
tehhead posted...
360pages posted...

So, something similar to DMC3, but instead now it is passive skill that boost certain rank of weapon & decrease other

Ok, describe more move for osiris, i mean, how will osiris has more move when there is no button input to do it

Blocking could take the demon dodge command since you couldn't use it in Angel trigger anyway. Bumper plus trigger.

While using the corresponding weapon with the style the launcher button could change depending on the weapon. Every weapon will now have it's own launcher and said launcher button will do a different attack in the air when used with the weapon.
---
#7tehheadPosted 2/17/2013 8:01:51 PM
360pages posted...
tehhead posted...
360pages posted...

Blocking could take the demon dodge command since you couldn't use it in Angel trigger anyway. Bumper plus trigger.

While using the corresponding weapon with the style the launcher button could change depending on the weapon. Every weapon will now have it's own launcher and said launcher button will do a different attack in the air when used with the weapon.

Why did you have to change launch button animation when you said choosing style lets you have more move, NOT change it, MORE

And wow blocking is awkward since disable dodge while using demon weapon, doesn't has button input for release/just release
#8Nick_KazamaPosted 2/17/2013 8:03:03 PM
That was the best DMC3 gameplay I've ever seen.

If I could steal people's gameplay ability, I'd steal his immediately.
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#9360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:10:25 PM
tehhead posted...
360pages posted...
tehhead posted...
360pages posted...

Why did you have to change launch button animation when you said choosing style lets you have more move, NOT change it, MORE

And wow blocking is awkward since disable dodge while using demon weapon, doesn't has button input for release/just release

There is only one launch animation, and that was the point, but I could be more specific with it. Like only the right trigger and bumper are used for blocking. Keeping one trigger free for dodging normally.

The launch button can also change to do a different move depending on the bumper.

Lets say angel trigger is right side and devil is left. If you want to change your launcher then you can hold that bumper and the launch button. So hold the right bummer while using an angel weapon. The animation and move will change. Like hold the left bumper and demon weapons.
---
#10tehheadPosted 2/17/2013 8:23:49 PM
360pages posted...
tehhead posted...
360pages posted...
tehhead posted...
360pages posted...

There is only one launch animation, and that was the point, but I could be more specific with it. Like only the right trigger and bumper are used for blocking. Keeping one trigger free for dodging normally.

The launch button can also change to do a different move depending on the bumper.

Lets say angel trigger is right side and devil is left. If you want to change your launcher then you can hold that bumper and the launch button. So hold the right bummer while using an angel weapon. The animation and move will change. Like hold the left bumper and demon weapons.

When i said specific, i mean specific, & i want button inputs

And your button description crash again
Dante can't use demon or angel weapon without holding bumper (&for god sake, this is PS3, its R2 or L2) how does angel weapon launch when rebellion is active? Swap rebellion launcher into equipped angel weapon?