look i like both games but dont say bad sales are related to gameplay

#1MiKe345675Posted 2/18/2013 7:40:19 AM
although not being as hardcore as DMC it does rival with what GoW fans would appreciate. It is by no means a bad game just shouldnt have been named devil may cry. without all the anti bashing everywhere im positive it would have at least broke 1mil by now. not that i blame the bashing i understand just..idk thats it. sorry if you dont agree but i stand by this opinion. no trolling please.
#2rockman11_zPosted 2/18/2013 7:46:36 AM
If it was a new IP, that's fine.

Like I said, if they are going to do an unnecessary reboot, then it has to exceed expectations. No excuses.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#3StepswordsmanPosted 2/18/2013 8:01:03 AM
No excuses.
Capcom

Are you kidding me?
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#4Sephivengeance9Posted 2/18/2013 8:02:21 AM
Stepswordsman posted...
No excuses.
Capcom

Are you kidding me?

Oh, they'll undoubtedly try to make them. With luck the fans won't be having any of it, though.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#5Blackmarvel79Posted 2/18/2013 8:04:18 AM
MiKe345675 posted...
although not being as hardcore as DMC it does rival with what GoW fans would appreciate. It is by no means a bad game just shouldnt have been named devil may cry. without all the anti bashing everywhere im positive it would have at least broke 1mil by now. not that i blame the bashing i understand just..idk thats it. sorry if you dont agree but i stand by this opinion. no trolling please.

It Rivals what GOW does. Thats blatant trolling. Do not compare this average game to GOW.
---
Playing the Dead Space Trilogy and MGR until GOW comes out.
#6Topkick1975Posted 2/18/2013 8:07:11 AM
It's getting the "new coke" treatment.

From what I recall, back in the 80's, Coke felt it was losing market share to Pepsi and changed their formula. There was nothing wrong with the new Coke formula (it was a bit sweeter), it was just different. But consumers raged (in the pre internet ways) and ultimately "coke classic" came back and hardly anyone recalls the issue.

I liked the old series and lamented the reboot, but really really like the new DmC and want it to continue. However, I'm pretty sure that Vergil's Downfall will be the last we see of the westernized DMC. I'm just not that confident that old Devil May Cry is coming back.
#7Sylus2015Posted 2/18/2013 8:10:17 AM
It's possible to like bad games. I liked Brink, but in retrospect, I only liked it because of the potential it had and there were certain mechanics that were actually well done. Was that potential and those mechanics enough to make it a good game? No. I'll admit that Brink was a pretty poor game, but that didn't mean I couldn't enjoy it for some of its parts as opposed to a sum of its parts.

I respect your opinion. I agree that some of the complaints are pretty blown out of proportion, but there are also a good number of legitimate complaints that would make any game seem unsatisfactory to some people. You can't claim that poor sales are due exclusively to the "Antis". That is:
1) Giving them too much credit. And
2) Ignoring the reason why they're "Antis" in the first place.

The complaints had to stem from somewhere. If the gameplay was without fault, then who would fault it? There's obviously dissenters to everything, but when these kinds of sales numbers exist, it puts it into perspective as to who holds the majority opinion.
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...
#8SephirothDZXPosted 2/18/2013 8:11:07 AM
DmC is at best a poor mans hybrid of God of War and Devil May Cry.

Why get the cheap knockoff when you can get the genuine article?
#9rockman11_zPosted 2/18/2013 8:14:04 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
MiKe345675 posted...

It Rivals what GOW does. Thats blatant trolling. Do not compare this average game to GOW.

This. ^_^
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#10Sephivengeance9Posted 2/18/2013 8:17:53 AM
Topkick1975 posted...
It's getting the "new coke" treatment.

From what I recall, back in the 80's, Coke felt it was losing market share to Pepsi and changed their formula. There was nothing wrong with the new Coke formula (it was a bit sweeter), it was just different. But consumers raged (in the pre internet ways) and ultimately "coke classic" came back and hardly anyone recalls the issue.

I liked the old series and lamented the reboot, but really really like the new DmC and want it to continue. However, I'm pretty sure that Vergil's Downfall will be the last we see of the westernized DMC. I'm just not that confident that old Devil May Cry is coming back.

Which is the sad part, the DmC fiasco in its entirety pretty much shows just how badly Capcom is out of touch with their fans (add the MML3 fiasco to that and just stare in amazement) since the fans in their majority made it very clear that they didn't want what Capcom was trying to tell them was Devil May Cry, yet Capcom was content to ignore them.

You've really got to wonder what made them say "Okay, we have a pretty good presence in a niche market with Devil May Cry, we have a loyal and dedicated fanbase giving us some pretty good feedback on what they would like to see in the next game.... Lets spit at them and give them something they're not asking for! They'll buy it because.... DEVIL MAY CRY!"

And as one person has said already, you don't mess around with a niche market. It just never works.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3