DmC combo video involving weird usage of Angel evade?

#11maniakidd(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 9:04:49 AM
This is the first time I actually got confused watching a DmC video. Interesting since the game doesnt really have a deep mechanic.
---
Casuals may Cry...
#12SHMYazooPosted 2/18/2013 9:08:43 AM(edited)
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
Yeah, the fun part of this game to me is that while you don't have the Styles fleshed out on their own, you have bits and parts of each one available all the time

DMC4 sorted that out though. That video is good for DmC, but compared to this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOTseXZetxo

From the same guy, it looks like nothing.

You still had to press buttons to change styles, that's not the same thing I meant. I enjoyed Styles a lot in DMC4 as well, it was overwhelming at first the amount of possibilities. I hated cycling through weapons instead of picking the exact weapons I wanted though. At least DmC had that for the melee weapons, though they left that for the ranged ones.

Also, DMC4 has been out for a few years, DmC is a month old. Let's give it time, who knows what people will come out with. Vergil is on the way as well so more moves with a different character as well.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#13A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/18/2013 9:12:02 AM
I hated cycling through weapons instead of picking the exact weapons I wanted though. At least DmC had that for the melee weapons, though they left that for the ranged ones.

I didn't like it much either, but I'm not sure DmC has done any better. There's now 5 buttons for cycling through weapons. 1 for guns, 2 to switch demon and angel weapons, and 2 to use angel and demon weapons.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#14SHMYazooPosted 2/18/2013 9:15:39 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
I hated cycling through weapons instead of picking the exact weapons I wanted though. At least DmC had that for the melee weapons, though they left that for the ranged ones.

I didn't like it much either, but I'm not sure DmC has done any better. There's now 5 buttons for cycling through weapons. 1 for guns, 2 to switch demon and angel weapons, and 2 to use angel and demon weapons.

But you didn't cycle through the angel weapons and demon weapons because there were only two weapons for each, so technically you press the button and you get the weapon you wanted to change to, like a Previous Weapon button, see? Like I said, it cycles through Ranged Weapons though, I don't know why since the Down button on the D-Pad isn't used. It could have been the other ranged weapon.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#15A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/18/2013 9:29:50 AM(edited)
But you're still using 5 buttons for weapon switching because you still have to hold down the angel or demon button to use that weapon. The control scheme in DMC3 and 4 could feel cluttered at times (for Dante anyway), but that's because there was almost too many options for the number of buttons available. DMC4 had 5 styles spread over 4 buttons and 6 weapons spread over 2 buttons.

DmC has 1 button for the 3 guns, but 4 different buttons to cycle through the 4 angel/demon weapons. And 2 dodge buttons. So there's 2 buttons spare that they could have used for the other 2 guns if they wanted. It's a needlessly weird and awkward control scheme.

If there is a sequel, and they insist on keeping the hold-button-to-equip-weapon thing, it would be better to just have two customisable weapon sets. Each set would have an angel weapon, a demon weapon, and a gun, and you just press 1 button to switch between them. Up on the d-pad or something. And keep Rebellion as the default weapon when you're not holding anything down. That cuts 2 buttons out of the process, and the only difference is you would be carrying 2 guns instead of 3 (which might as well be the case anyway since Ebony & Ivory are useless in this game).
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png