It's time for Capcom to retire DMC like Onimusha franchise

#31shatterstarPosted 2/18/2013 11:05:29 AM
bigdom93 posted...
shatterstar posted...
I believe the Onimusha franchise might be coming back and Capcom might allow NT to work on it since they're the ones pushing it's return and Capcom seems to love the Cambridge studio too death.

Either that or perhaps a DmC2 if it hits the 1.2 million mark that is. But I doubt that NT are willing to do another due to the constant harassment from the fans. But I believe that Capcom haven't given up on the DMC franchise quite yet.

We'll know in March how well DmC performed. But NT and Capcom are under going talks at the moment and no new contract has been drawn yet.

They still haven't fully completed their current contract with Capcom yet. They haven't completed the substantial amount of DLC for DmC as agree upon but are currently working on it at the moment. But once completed, we'll see what happens after.

if that's true which it probably isn't, I can can only immagine the ways that they will screw it up

Well mate.

If you're talking about Onimusha. I don't know how can you screw up something that this current generation of gamers doesn't even remember. Hell I vaguely remember the Onimusha games and I'm 100% sure Capcom aren't going to cater this new Onimusha toward a bunch of now 30 something year old gamers...lol.
#32FireMage7777Posted 2/18/2013 11:06:56 AM
shatterstar posted...
bigdom93 posted...
shatterstar posted...
I believe the Onimusha franchise might be coming back and Capcom might allow NT to work on it since they're the ones pushing it's return and Capcom seems to love the Cambridge studio too death.

Either that or perhaps a DmC2 if it hits the 1.2 million mark that is. But I doubt that NT are willing to do another due to the constant harassment from the fans. But I believe that Capcom haven't given up on the DMC franchise quite yet.

We'll know in March how well DmC performed. But NT and Capcom are under going talks at the moment and no new contract has been drawn yet.

They still haven't fully completed their current contract with Capcom yet. They haven't completed the substantial amount of DLC for DmC as agree upon but are currently working on it at the moment. But once completed, we'll see what happens after.

if that's true which it probably isn't, I can can only immagine the ways that they will screw it up

Well mate.

If you're talking about Onimusha. I don't know how can you screw up something that this current generation of gamers doesn't even remember. Hell I vaguely remember the Onimusha games and I'm 100% sure Capcom aren't going to cater this new Onimusha toward a bunch of now 30 something year old gamers...lol.

Remembers Onimusha, is 22. Try again
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#33darkdragon_9600Posted 2/18/2013 11:12:33 AM
shatterstar posted...

>knows there's talk between NT and Capcom
>Doesn't know they had changed the "music gets louder" stuff.

Whatever you say
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#34produnerPosted 2/18/2013 11:15:18 AM
Yeah with new game mechanics in every entry like exceed and styles, which leads to variety, depth and new tech. Except that the latest ,DmC stopped at doing that and threw 7 years of development to the blender. There is no reason to kill the franchise, DMC5 , if itsuno wanted to make it or capcom would let him work on it instead of milking other franchises while making use of itsuno to produce others. Business/$$ > quality, for capcom at least.
#35SilentS89Posted 2/18/2013 11:16:12 AM
-Damien- posted...
this is the most inconsistent franchise in gaming history

Ask different people these questions: Who is Akuma from streetfighter? Is he good or evil? Is he human? What does the Raging Demon actually do?

You will get a million different answers, because Streetfighter is much more inconsistent than DMC.
#36tehdudPosted 2/18/2013 11:28:12 AM
Mate, any of you really taking a bogan seriously? Probably making crap up out of boredom waiting for check at welfare office. Doubt he has any real insider info that wasnt pulled from his ass
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#37MrStarkillerPosted 2/18/2013 12:20:51 PM
What's all this now? Ah, Damien, old boy. Been awhile. How have you been?
#38Hunter1534Posted 2/18/2013 1:26:13 PM
tehdud posted...
Mate, any of you really taking a bogan seriously? Probably making crap up out of boredom waiting for check at welfare office. Doubt he has any real insider info that wasnt pulled from his ass

Love your sig
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/XNero_AngeloX/
#39Mista_KlutchPosted 2/18/2013 1:30:31 PM
tehdud posted...

WOW LULZZZZZZZZZZZZ at your sig. When was that statement made?
---
M |_| S I C < ==> L | F E
"Klutch, you're an *******." - iSomeAssault
#40tehdudPosted 2/18/2013 2:30:06 PM
Ill have to check later. Was from one of his many interview vids.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png