Just replayed DMC 4

#31BillysanPosted 2/18/2013 10:19:36 PM
bobbysjoby posted...
I remember the 1st time I played. It I was mildly surprised and found myself liking it more than expected, saviour awoke and started wreaking havoc thru town n I thought damn **** is getting good, then I used dante and the story froze and all I got was rehashed stages n bosses with cheesy meaningless boss/ weapon cutscenes. Weird to say it but dante killed dmc 4s momentum, shame cuz his gameplay was great

Were you expecting Dante's part to be nothing but bosses and scripted scenes. Unless you were expecting the end of the game right there you'd have to know the story would start winding down again in order to allow a normal level progression.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#32bobbysjobyPosted 2/18/2013 10:29:02 PM
Uhhh what?
#33BillysanPosted 2/18/2013 10:30:21 PM
bobbysjoby posted...
Uhhh what?

It sounds like you were expecting the climax of the game at that scene.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#34leet_x1337Posted 2/18/2013 11:30:10 PM
Billysan posted...
By the time you switch to Dante more than 80% of the game has gone by.

Oh you card you.
---
Now Playing: DMC4 on Hard/SoS
Last updated: 09/02/13
#35coolguy2007Posted 2/19/2013 2:14:32 AM
coolguy2007 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
coolguy2007 posted...
Backtracking in an awesome environment is way better than DmCs platforming. Also you cant call them lazy without sounding like a hypocrite because of NT(e.g.using same codes as other games/ same colors...etc).

At least they hid it, unlike Itsuno. He just said "welp, now that you're here, walk the way back :) Hope you liked the bosses, you'll be fighting them another 2 extra times! Enjoy multiple Dice games inside the Savior as well".

Did you seriously complain about the dice game? I mean cmon thats pathetic. Besides the game was rushed. Whats NTs excuse?
The platforming in DmC was fun at first but just gets soooooo boring. Its the same thing over and over and over and over again. Atleast we backtracked with a different character and different waves of enemies. Bosses change abit too.
#36jayganautPosted 2/19/2013 2:33:25 AM
I would prefer DMC4s 6 missions of backtracking than dedicating 5 missions pretty much solely to boss fights and several other missions that can be beat in a few minutes.

The dice is also far better than DmCs "platforming" as far as filler goes.
#37bobbysjobyPosted 2/19/2013 8:19:20 AM
I figured like any rational person, that dante woupd have his own stages and bosses, they could ve at least had possessed nero inside saviour at the very least. And the lack of plot advancement during his portion just shows how filler and tacked on dantes section was. Dantes portion was just a lazy way to make the game last longer, they could ve easily just had him as a vergil style unlockable. You cur out his portion the only blnote worthy event is death of the scientist
#38RetsuxDPosted 2/19/2013 9:40:18 AM
bobbysjoby posted...
I figured like any rational person, that dante woupd have his own stages and bosses, they could ve at least had possessed nero inside saviour at the very least. And the lack of plot advancement during his portion just shows how filler and tacked on dantes section was. Dantes portion was just a lazy way to make the game last longer, they could ve easily just had him as a vergil style unlockable. You cur out his portion the only blnote worthy event is death of the scientist

Dante was gonna have his own bosses, you can see their concepts in the artwork.
But then development time got cut a year.
#39Nick_KazamaPosted 2/19/2013 11:36:00 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
"WAAAAAAAGH!!! Why do I hafta cycle through 3 of each weapon that takes less than a second!?!?!?!?"

Still on that?

Still stalking me online?
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#40RetsuxDPosted 2/19/2013 11:37:50 AM
Can't make a thread about it, but:
Swipe of Sword is objectively better than all of DmC's soundtrack, and that is a fact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTjS1H4zxGU