How would YOU redesign Dante to appeal to western audiences?

#1wolf riderPosted 2/19/2013 1:38:33 AM
Now, before you say 'I wouldn't, Dante is fine as he is!', imagine that Capcom has NFI what they're doing (not hard), and if you refuse, the alternative is that they'll go with NT's design.

The only condition is that he can't look anything like DMC Dante, as per Capcom's instructions.

I wanna see what people can come up with, especially those who say Donte looks like an emo/drug addict/Edward Cullen/etc ...

For me, I think something like this would appeal to western audiences: http://www.slangstrong.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Jax-Teller.jpg

Beards are western :p
---
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.
#2syctheweilderPosted 2/19/2013 1:40:27 AM
Oooooooh, hold on, i'll get my tablet.

Be back in about a half an hour
#3CuriousTroutPosted 2/19/2013 1:47:18 AM
Does he have to be younger?

Do the weapons have to change?

Do I need to provide drawings, or will a description suffice (I cannot draw)?
---
GT: CuriousTrout
#4wolf rider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 1:51:49 AM
CuriousTrout posted...
Does he have to be younger?

Only condition is that he appeals to western audiences.

Do the weapons have to change?

You can take that into consideration if you want

Do I need to provide drawings, or will a description suffice (I cannot draw)?

Draw, describe, link a picture, whatever you want.
---
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.
#5MadigariPosted 2/19/2013 1:51:59 AM
I'm still unsure as to what makes a character more western than eastern. Someone with a regional design sense, educate me.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#6ShadowZero007Posted 2/19/2013 1:53:03 AM
Madigari posted...
I'm still unsure as to what makes a character more western than eastern. Someone with a regional design sense, educate me.

Depends; is he in L.A or New York?
*drum roll*
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#7CuriousTroutPosted 2/19/2013 1:55:35 AM
Madigari posted...

I'm in the same boat. I assume Western to just mean America and Europe, but I don't even know why I assume that to be quite honest...
---
GT: CuriousTrout
#8SilentS89Posted 2/19/2013 1:56:27 AM
Should another stipulation be:

he wouldn't get laughed out of bars outside of Tokyo?
#9VaruneyPosted 2/19/2013 1:58:40 AM
I shall redesign him into a white T-Rex.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#10MadigariPosted 2/19/2013 2:05:28 AM
CuriousTrout posted...
I'm in the same boat. I assume Western to just mean America and Europe, but I don't even know why I assume that to be quite honest...

Well, I know what western means in terms of global location, architecture, certain other character types (I.E., oriental dragons v. castle/fantasy style dragons), and so on.

But, as for characters, I don't really see a difference. Unless you're talking about an archetype. Obviously, eastern school girls will be different than western school girls, for one example.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.