DmC got better Reviews than MGR

#41ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/19/2013 6:14:09 AM(edited)
The best review:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/19/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-review-ps3/

"I suck at games. 3/10"
#42QCTeamkillPosted 2/19/2013 6:16:36 AM
produner posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
LordOfCinder posted...
Shows who paid and who didn't, right?

Yes, because it's notoriously known that gaming studios are economic superpowers with an infinite budget for advertising.

Battlefield 3 was advertised at a cost of 10million $.
Journalists and video game sites/ corporations make money from advertising video games, traffic and contracts with publishers.They are indirectly being payed by the publishers to run ads and other forms of advertisements; giving a bad review is a risk, a publisher can prevent you from running their ads to get money, or force them to make contracts and let you run ads.

So... basically, don't trust a review for a game if the site has advertisement for it?

Or is it, don't trust a review where the game doesn't have advertisement for it, because they're pissed?

Or maybe a review with good score and no advertisement has been paid under the table and is just making up cred by not doing so?

Here's a tin foil hat. 10 millions is gone fast if you make tv spots. I have never seen "reviews lobbyist" in any game credits.
#43The_DjokerPosted 2/19/2013 6:18:59 AM
Beat both DmC and MGR. DmC is a better game.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#44rockman11_zPosted 2/19/2013 6:19:01 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
I love DmC antis reaction, lol. They overhyped MGR to the extreme levels.

Now that MGR isn't the best Coca Cola ever made, they're all butthurt and calling reviews, DmC fanboys. Come on antis, you can do better than that, lol.

MGR has flaws, is not a perfect game. Why don't you admit its problems? You fanboys amuse me.

I agree. MGR is not perfect. Let's not get defensive if someone criticize the game. It's a fun game regardless.

But let's hope the game does not FLOP.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#45QCTeamkillPosted 2/19/2013 6:19:47 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...

Just quoting the average NTdrone I see around these parts.

You just exactly didn't, NTdrone, that's new.

Pray tell, I've never EVER noticed you on this board before the game launched. Could you show me some credentials?
#46FulvipPosted 2/19/2013 6:22:27 AM
The_Djoker posted...
Beat both DmC and MGR. DmC is a better game.

MGR would need to be made for a PS1 for DmC to be better.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#47DarkJaydragonPosted 2/19/2013 6:22:31 AM
Did anyone not see this happening? Everyone built their hopes too high and placed all their chips on it being the best thing ever or the game to "kill" DmC.

That's the worst with our genre, the games are good but the fans are f****** awful.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#48produnerPosted 2/19/2013 6:26:43 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
produner posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
LordOfCinder posted...
Shows who paid and who didn't, right?

Yes, because it's notoriously known that gaming studios are economic superpowers with an infinite budget for advertising.

Battlefield 3 was advertised at a cost of 10million $.
Journalists and video game sites/ corporations make money from advertising video games, traffic and contracts with publishers.They are indirectly being payed by the publishers to run ads and other forms of advertisements; giving a bad review is a risk, a publisher can prevent you from running their ads to get money, or force them to make contracts and let you run ads.

So... basically, don't trust a review for a game if the site has advertisement for it?

Or is it, don't trust a review where the game doesn't have advertisement for it, because they're pissed?

Or maybe a review with good score and no advertisement has been paid under the table and is just making up cred by not doing so?

Here's a tin foil hat. 10 millions is gone fast if you make tv spots. I have never seen "reviews lobbyist" in any game credits.

Just commenting on your post about ads. I don't trust reviews generally, especially in genres and games that i'm knowledgeable about, i just take notes and general ideas but not the final judgment. P.S demos and videos are more than enough. I don't follow politics ( lol, reviews) when buying video games, and 60$ is the least of my concerns ; not a broke college student or a basement dweller.
#49SSJ_JinPosted 2/19/2013 6:36:48 AM
How can you people call anyone a DmC fanboy when you're on the board of a game you hate everyday? DmC has the biggest, most ridiculous group of trolls ever amassed on this site. More epic than the "Vets" from the MGS boards back in the day. Oh Lionhart. How hilarious you were....

Anyway, this topic is dumb though. So? DmC and MGR are awesome games. And despite scores, from the demo it looks like MGR will be better than DmC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#50Phantom_Opera_GPosted 2/19/2013 7:38:16 AM
Why, if Raiden is so deadly, would you run away from everything? Because every fight—from the weakest of enemies, to the anger-inducing boss fights—is frustrating. Frustrating due to the camera. More frustrating due to the over-reliance of the parry system, which just so happens to be the same button as the attack button. That’s right—no dedicated block or parry, and no way to dash out of the way of enemy attacks. Then enemies constantly circle you to strike, and are almost always out of view by the horrid camera positioning, leaving you defenseless and mad. If you do have clear visibility of an incoming enemy strike, which will shine red to let you know it’s coming, you have to press the attack button in hopes that you actually parry and don’t attack instead. Maybe 25% of the time the parry actually works. Unless you’re playing on Easy, then the game auto-parries for you making the game too easy.
Anthony Severino

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/19/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-review-ps3/

Dude, they are bad guys, they're supposed to do that! lol I wonder if he preferred they'd form an orderly line to be cut down. God help him if he was to review Ninja Gaiden
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg