Anyone here fan of dante in the anime

#1AlcinkingPosted 2/19/2013 7:10:03 AM
One thing i like about the anime ,they showed early warning signs of dante becoming more like dmc2 dante with the whole "I am starting to get bored fighting demons" attitude . Its a shame dmc4 ruin that character development.
#2SHMYazooPosted 2/19/2013 7:10:39 AM
I didn't like it that much.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#3AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/19/2013 7:14:04 AM
All of my hate on a single post.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#4DarkJaydragonPosted 2/19/2013 7:15:49 AM
I hated him more than I hated him in 3 or 4.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#5produnerPosted 2/19/2013 7:17:55 AM
DMC4 didn't ruin it, he developed from being playful but serious about revenge in DMC1 after vergil's death , to more relaxed and laid back Uncle. As time goes, he matures and wises more, but if a close character dies or he faces something that leads to DMC2 "don't speak just die" personality, that would be an awesome sequel to DMC4.

DMC5 starts from there, kill someone close like nero or trish ( nero is important, i don't suggest it), or dante faces something serious that leads to DMC2 personality.
^that storyline+new concepts and expand the universe of DMC with characters and places from the demon world, and humans that are involved in it + new game mechanics, weapons, styles and playable characters.
#6DuckKiller84Posted 2/19/2013 7:24:02 AM(edited)
As much as I love DMC, I couldn't even finish the anime. It was just boring generic s***. Maybe if I hadn't already seen Hellsing and Gungrave I would've been able to enjoy it.

Edit: Oh, and they're never going to reference DMC2 again, or even bother explaining Dante's personality in it. That's just how the new dev team interpreted him at the time.
---
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9970/rocketsnailw.gif
#7GoldsicklePosted 2/19/2013 7:30:57 AM
I just don't like how the anime Dante was very stoic.

It sounds even weirder, when Reuben Langdon tried voicing that stoic Dante.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#8KyryloPosted 2/19/2013 7:34:23 AM
anime was crappiest DMC incarnation. YES even worse than DmC...to bad DmC is very, very close to it in it's crap meter.
#9DuuuDe14Posted 2/19/2013 9:22:33 AM
I liked the anime. And Dante as a character. It was just there to show how he lives his life and how his shop runs. All in all it was an excuse to let him be a badass in anime form.

But as an anime it was subpar.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#10Malus_X6Posted 2/19/2013 9:46:28 AM
I thought it was cool. Gave us more of a look into Dante's life. It should have had more episodes, but apparently, it's popular to have miniseries.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI