My First DMC Game. Review.

#1TMG2186Posted 2/19/2013 8:42:15 AM
It's good. 8.5/10 for me.

Story is a bit confusing in the beginning but I've just completed the second mission and understand things a little better.

The gameplay is really fun, fast moving. Nice dialogue.

I think the 4/10 reviews are coming from biased people who are butthurt.

Also I played the MGR demo and could never get the hang of it. This game I like a lot better because of the variety of attacks and combos, I know what I'm doing.
---
PSN: chocob0-0f-doom
#2A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/19/2013 8:45:02 AM
If you've only just finished chapter 2 it's a bit early to be reviewing don't you think?
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#3ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/19/2013 8:47:49 AM
TMG2186 posted...

Story is a bit confusing in the beginning but I've just completed the second mission and understand things a little better.

Also I played the MGR demo and could never get the hang of it. This game I like a lot better because of the variety of attacks and combos, I know what I'm doing.

Showing your true intentions in the very first post is not how you successfully troll an online message board.
#4TMG2186(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:48:03 AM
No. I got a feel for it, was impressed from the outset. If a game is good I think you can tell from pretty early on.

And anyway I just wanted to counter these 4/10 reviews. It's not a 4/10 game
---
PSN: chocob0-0f-doom
#5jayganautPosted 2/19/2013 8:50:47 AM
TMG2186 posted...
No. I got a feel for it, was impressed from the outset. If a game is good I think you can tell from pretty early on.

On a "true" scale 4/10 would be considered below average. A score many feel is a fair description of DmC.
#6A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/19/2013 8:54:46 AM

Those reviews are coming from people who have played the other DMC games. Judged on the same scale, if the best DMC is a 10/10, then DmC is most definitely 4-5/10.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#7VaruneyPosted 2/19/2013 8:57:24 AM
So TC decided to review this game two missions in? You are a perfect example of what reviewers are, nowadays.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#8KyryloPosted 2/19/2013 9:02:56 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
TMG2186 posted...

Showing your true intentions in the very first post is not how you successfully troll an online message board.
#9UbberDevilPosted 2/19/2013 9:07:05 AM
Varuney posted...
So TC decided to review this game two missions in? You are a perfect example of what reviewers are, nowadays.

Indeed. The game seems fine at first but once you play it for a while, things start to get bad: stupid mini-cutscenes activate almost every time you grapple to a ledge, cutscenes always interrupting boss fights and enemy waves, forced running scenes or waiting scenes where you have to listen to Kate or Vergil talk with no way to skip, the 2 demon weapons have identical combos, dialogue gets worse, etc.

You can't judge a game fully just off of the first 2 levels. You can say "first impressions".
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#10RetsuxDPosted 2/19/2013 10:37:09 AM
UbberDevil posted...
Varuney posted...

Indeed. The game seems fine at first but once you play it for a while, things start to get bad: stupid mini-cutscenes activate almost every time you grapple to a ledge, cutscenes always interrupting boss fights and enemy waves, forced running scenes or waiting scenes where you have to listen to Kate or Vergil talk with no way to skip, the 2 demon weapons have identical combos, dialogue gets worse, etc.

You can't judge a game fully just off of the first 2 levels. You can say "first impressions".

Especially when the game goes downhill from the first 2 missions.