Why can't people admit they like bad things?

#1FireMage7777Posted 2/19/2013 4:28:30 PM
Come on pros, enough mental gymnastics, just admit it. There's a few bad things I like but I have the ability to at least admit that they're bad objectively
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#2Pesmerga255Posted 2/19/2013 4:30:05 PM
It's called blind fanboyism. They just can't admit that DmC deserves a 6/10 at the absolute best of times.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3TheSL1ClubPosted 2/19/2013 4:32:48 PM
DmC isn't one of those cult titles or like B movies with the statement 'it's so bad it's good'. It's just an average 5/10 game, nothing more, other worst games probably has more 'flavors' than DmC.
#4testament067Posted 2/19/2013 4:33:27 PM
You two are amazing.

Turtles.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#5JanneDaArc135Posted 2/19/2013 4:40:35 PM
The same reason why people can't admit they are wrong.
But its okay I like some bad games too. I LOVED Nier Replicant (Yes Replicant, I got it when I lived in Japan) and even though it's probably my favorite PS3 game a lot of people said it sucked.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#6Rising_shadowPosted 2/19/2013 5:03:28 PM
Because people think liking a game is the same as thinking it's objectively awesome. Like Drakengard. I love that game, it's dark, twisted, it's borderline offensive and any humour derived from eating babies is basically jet black. It's also got shoddy gameplay and controlling a massive dragon in combat is like turning a truck in real life, sloooooooow and painful. It's repetitive and the environments are generally crappy and lifeless.

See what I did there? I acknowledged it's not an awesome game. At best I'd give it a sloppy 7/10 and more objectively a 6/10. And that's okay. You don't need to rate a game a minimum 8/10 to like it or think it's awesome. But you have to consider the flaws that you might be willing to ignore to a degree but objectively bring it down.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#7dillpickle69Posted 2/19/2013 5:21:15 PM
I'll admit DMC2 was a bad game (for DMC standards, as a normal game I think it's average) and I liked it, I'm willing to admit that much.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#8produnerPosted 2/19/2013 5:53:29 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
The same reason why people can't admit they are wrong.
But its okay I like some bad games too. I LOVED Nier Replicant (Yes Replicant, I got it when I lived in Japan) and even though it's probably my favorite PS3 game a lot of people said it sucked.

There is no right and wrong; over generalized concepts for manipulation and self righteous people. Nier wasn't a bad game, it had little quality issue with controls , graphics and simple combat, otherwise its a top notch, beautiful RPG.
#95hadowsPosted 2/19/2013 5:56:36 PM
I love playing bad broken fighting games.
---
Ill add something here later....
#10VaruneyPosted 2/19/2013 6:00:23 PM
They are attempting to justify their purchase. This is the only logical explanation. There is absolutely no way these people could survive with such deluded mindsets.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*