Jump into this game? Or play others first?

#1TotalDominAsianPosted 2/19/2013 9:50:50 PM
I played the first DMC years ago, but I haven't touched the others. Should I just dive right into DmC: Devil May Cry or play the HD Collection and then pick up 4?
---
Close your eyes and dream... Then open your eyes and see.
#2xxterradarkxxxPosted 2/19/2013 9:54:42 PM
this first. then you'll appreciate the others more.
---
Psn: zslayer89
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 2/19/2013 9:56:07 PM
- HD Collection
- Ninja Gaiden Black
- Ninja Gaiden II
- DMC4
- Bayonetta
- Revengeance
- DmC
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4ninja_poopPosted 2/19/2013 9:58:38 PM
If you can stand playing a few outdated games you should play them in order like this:

DMC3>DMC1>DMC>4>DMC2

I said outdated because after playing 4 and 3, 1 and 2 were too outdated for me to play much of them.

and you can play this one after all of them because then it will feel new to you, not to mention there is a good possibility of a price drop by then.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado/Washington become the first states
#5RetsuxDPosted 2/19/2013 10:00:43 PM
ninja_poop posted...
If you can stand playing a few outdated games you should play them in order like this:

DMC3>DMC1>DMC>4>DMC2

I said outdated because after playing 4 and 3, 1 and 2 were too outdated for me to play much of them.

and you can play this one after all of them because then it will feel new to you, not to mention there is a good possibility of a price drop by then.

What? No, release order, always.
#6ninja_poopPosted 2/19/2013 10:03:52 PM
RetsuxD posted...
ninja_poop posted...

DMC3>DMC1>DMC>4>DMC2

I went with story order because the DMC series jumps all over the place in terms of story.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado/Washington become the first states
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 2/19/2013 10:06:11 PM
ninja_poop posted...
RetsuxD posted...
ninja_poop posted...

DMC3>DMC1>DMC>4>DMC2

I went with story order because the DMC series jumps all over the place in terms of story.

Regardless you are always supposed to follow release order despite what some Metal Gear fans would have you to believe.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#8RetsuxDPosted 2/19/2013 10:08:45 PM
ninja_poop posted...
RetsuxD posted...
ninja_poop posted...

DMC3>DMC1>DMC>4>DMC2

You still are supposed to play them in production order, your enjoyment of the games increases much more that way.

It'd be like telling someone to watch UC Gundums in chronological order instead of production order.
#9TotalDominAsian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 10:23:46 PM
Thanks guys! I'll go ahead and play them in order.
---
Close your eyes and dream... Then open your eyes and see.
#10ShadowZero007Posted 2/19/2013 10:39:37 PM
It doesn't really matter.
This game is in it's own continuity.
The others are in there own contained one.

So you could buy this one and it wouldn't matter.
Or you could pay the other first.

They're good games and I'd highly recommend them.
DmC is damn fun as well.
So yeah; do whatever makes you happy.
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...