Do you think Capcom will make Devil May Cry 5 now...

#1LeatherFace29Posted 2/20/2013 4:28:03 AM
since this game flopped? I did enjoy it but wouldn't mind going back to the real DMC.
---
PSN: thasiccness92
#2LordKaizerPosted 2/20/2013 4:45:03 AM
this is capcom. of course they will do a rerelease for this game instead of making DMC5
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#3DuuuDe14Posted 2/20/2013 4:46:40 AM
Teh DuuuDe always wins.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#4EHobaPosted 2/20/2013 8:03:33 AM
I don't think we'll see DMC5 now. I don't know why; I have no real evidence either way. I just get a feeling that, instead of reverting back, the franchise will go the way of Onimusha.

I honestly think DmC2 is more likely.

Again, I have no real evidence either way. I just suspect that's what will happen.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
#5EHobaPosted 2/20/2013 8:05:10 AM
And yes, I'm fully aware of what my sig states...
---
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
#6NickvdaPosted 2/20/2013 8:28:12 AM
In my opinion, the game isn't that bad at all. Sure, the original Dante is more badass than this new one, the story might be better..

But, all things considered, if you can consider DmC as another universe dmc, it's not that bad.. If it was called SeU: Slice em Up or anything other than DmC, people would've liked it. I play(ed) it in that regard and I like it.

.. It's just that the PR was done so bad. And there was no reason to antagonize the fans, even if they said I WANT MAH OLD DANTE BACK YOU BASTARD.
#7SHMYazooPosted 2/20/2013 8:36:58 AM
I doubt they would reboot a "moderately successful" franchise up to that moment only to give up in one attempt. I think they would let the franchise rest before going back to the original format. Also, Resident Evil 6 was severely criticized by the fan base and it sold 1/3 of what they expected and they think that it didn't sell well because of lack of marketing. If you take Resident Evil 6 or other franchises as examples, it's much more likely that they'll have a DmC2, less likely that they'll put the series to sleep for a while, almost no chance of going back to the original timeline / universe.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#8Cyber_Demon256Posted 2/20/2013 8:38:47 AM
I hope because of DmC bombing the Devil May Cry franchise ceases to exist entirely and we never see another DmC/DMC game ever again. Cause to hell with it.
---
Nothing is Permitted, Everything is True
#9AtalalamaPosted 2/22/2013 10:00:35 PM
Capcom canned Mega Man Legends 3, what do you think?
#10pokefan35Posted 2/22/2013 10:01:45 PM
They should remake the old games in some cool HD remake - that will give them some flavor and remind them the cool things that they should focus on improving - and leaving things like, the classic characters that people really enjoy - alone.