Question About the Difficulty(Series-wide)

#1StrykeBlaydePosted 2/20/2013 12:13:02 PM
One of the complaints I see constantly is how DmC was 'too easy', even on the harder difficulties. These would probably come from people who've played 1/3/4 before, and probably played them on Hard+, right?

So let's say DMC5 comes out next. Wouldn't it still be somewhat easy, due to most of these complaints stemming from people who're experienced with DMC as a whole? Not literally mind you, but their experiences with 1/3/4 would obviously help them with 5, right?
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
Playing: DMC1-4, DmC, Bayonetta, UMvC3, JC2, Skyrim, etc.
#2DuckKiller84Posted 2/20/2013 12:20:28 PM
Yeah, somewhat. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't bring difficulty back to 1 or 3's level though. If they do DMC5, it'll probably be comparable to DMC4's difficulty.
---
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9970/rocketsnailw.gif
#3TaizukuPosted 2/20/2013 12:21:55 PM
I think people aren't taking into account previous experience with H&S games. Not saying this game is super hard or anything, but previous experience will obviously help.
---
I didn't like the new DmC. It was mediocre.
#4StrelokPosted 2/20/2013 12:46:42 PM
This game is easy to the point where "hard" is still too damned easy.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#5RayconPosted 2/20/2013 12:50:29 PM
DuckKiller84 posted...
Yeah, somewhat. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't bring difficulty back to 1 or 3's level though. If they do DMC5, it'll probably be comparable to DMC4's difficulty.

I'd be okay with DMC4's difficulty again.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#6Dark_EpathyPosted 2/20/2013 1:31:30 PM
It's unfortunately a self-perpetuating problem, because players' skills won't really atrophy. The fingers don't forget how to do their job. The games, however, will eventually hit a difficulty ceiling. They cannot continually be more and more unforgiving and brutal.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#7DarkSlayer487Posted 2/20/2013 1:33:02 PM
For any of us who have mastered DMC3&4

The only Difficulties worth anything were Very Hard - Dante Must Die. Hell and Hell mode was pretty much a SS run of DMD and Heaven or Hell was for the lulz.

DMC5 will more than likely ( if its made ) be around DMC4's difficulty.
Personally the most difficult thing about DMC4 was Nero's lack of movement. ( especially mid-air ) Dante was MUCH better at dodging incoming attacks and being mobile on the battlefield.

Then again, I pretty much exclusively used Trickster in DMC3 and used Vergil more than Dante. So I've become accustomed to being able to zip around enemies.
---
1993 Camaro Z28 - Daily Driver
#8produnerPosted 2/20/2013 1:38:34 PM
Even if the series continues, DMC3 had easy automatic, but the challenge and difficulty were intact. However, in DMC4, they've made the game easier despite having easy-automatic and boss handicaps.

capcom's mentality of casualization is getting worse in every franchise that they have.

SFxT, then DmC, in which they've admitted that the latter was going to be casualized to attract new players, so they removed the lock-on, made the game easier, universal dodge button, no directional inputs , one button launch, introduced crowd control ( huge ass range; aquila) and many other things.

It's okay to make an easier mode for new players, but dumping down the whole game and difficulty is ridiculous.