Vergils downfall, sadly, isn't as good as I thought...

#1NightmareGammaPosted 2/20/2013 2:44:04 PM(edited)
While I like Vergil's gameplay much MUCH more than Dante's, and really like the Comic Cutscenes, the game itseld is REALLY REALLY short... here a few facts, a few are spoiler tagged.

- Campaign only 6 Missions
- The campaign, if played by a pro, can be beaten in LESS than an hour.
- he has an Angel and an Devil Stance, and his Devil Trigger is differently handled than Dante's.
- He has Demon Pull and Angel hook, and they are better used than Dante's
- The got rid of the double tap attacks, instead all Attacks are avaiable through Stances
- he has just Frame attacks (at least 1, perfect Judgement Cut, however maybe there are more, have not all moves and upgrades yet)
- instead of Bonus Gates and Keys, you will find health uprade Fragments and one full Cross
- NO NEW WEAPONS!!!!!! Only two styles!

- his Devil Trigger are two Things: first one: The clone which we know from final Boss fight with Dante, and some Summoned Sword Variant also need Devil Trigger
- his devil Trigger that is shown in the Comic and on Artworks is his DEFAULT Outfit after beating the story... YES, it is a costume...
- The Story is set AFTER the main game but somewhat Confusing
- While he got Angel and Devil Stance, he CANNOT Attack Colored enemys with it. Why I know this? Because there is ONE IN HIS STORY! The blue witches! YOu can only penetrate there shield with summoned Sword, and Angel Stance jump+circle, and that will need a while until it is broken...
- his devil Trigger has several "modes" you can swith it too witht he d-pad (if you unlock them in the shop), however it is not explained how exactly they work
- cliffhanger

That are my major complains... i REALLY love the game for what it is, but my expectations for Vergils Downfall are not met.
---
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/20/2013 2:44:54 PM
So much for VD being 8+ hours, amirite fanboys?
#3produnerPosted 2/20/2013 2:47:41 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
So much for VD being 8+ hours, amirite fanboys?

Mate!

I don't know what game you were playing, but vergil's downfall is 6 hours, mate, longer than MGR... LOL!

Wonderful job! NT and capcom!

Now off to suck tam tam.
#4Lord_MizerPosted 2/20/2013 2:49:06 PM
If this is true, then I feel somewhat sad.

I thought Vergil's downfall was the only decent part in DmC, but this...
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#5darkdragon_9600Posted 2/20/2013 2:51:28 PM
So the True Ending DLC ends in a cliffhanger?

lolololol
---
Can I haz cheezburger?
#6megamaticsPosted 2/20/2013 2:54:53 PM
When you put all your eggs in 1 Ninja Theory...They come out scrambled with cigarette butts .
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#7_Uwye_Posted 2/20/2013 2:59:16 PM
NightmareGamma posted...
- The got rid of the double tap attacks, instead all Attacks are avaiable through Stances

Wait, what? He has only the "press Circle" and "hold Triangle" inputs for moves?

So...what? He has the same moveset as DMC3 Vergil with just more preset combos?

- NO NEW WEAPONS!!!!!!

Eh, predictable.

- While he got Angel and Devil Stance, he CANNOT Attack Colored enemys with it.

Ahah, oh wow, that's so stupid. Why they would do that? He could have been playable in the Bloody Pal...oh, right. Bosses that need the whip.

So they made him playable but you can use him just in six short levels. Fantastic.

- cliffhanger

Which will never be resolved then. Double fantastic.

Spoiler questions regarding the story.
Who is the woman?
Does dante appears and what he does?
Who is the final boss?
#8DuuuDe14Posted 2/20/2013 3:07:54 PM
Thanks for the info
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#9DJ_0000Posted 2/20/2013 3:10:34 PM
He does have the one summon sword move that taps forward twice, the one where they surround and then launch the enemy.
#10NightmareGamma(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:15:27 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
<
Wait, what? He has only the "press Circle" and "hold Triangle" inputs for moves?

So...what? He has the same moveset as DMC3 Vergil with just more preset combos?

-----

Ahah, oh wow, that's so stupid. Why they would do that? He could have been playable in the Bloody Pal...oh, right. Bosses that need the whip.

So they made him playable but you can use him just in six short levels. Fantastic.

-----
Spoiler questions regarding the story.
Who is the woman?
Does dante appears and what he does?
Who is the final boss?

1. He has an delayed combo in normal stance, which is really cool, some charge attacks in those stances and circle attacks. Sounds like a downgrade to Dante, but trust me: it is for the better!

2. Oh, lile I said, he HAS DEMON PULL AND ANGEL HOOK and they work fine on enemys. it works like this:

instead of whipping, Vergil use a summoned sword. In Angel Stance, this sword is blue, and as soon as sword hit's the enemy (if not blocked), vergil teleport into this enemys face. in demon Stance, the Sword is red and instead of teleporting to the enemy, the enemy is teleported to YOU! Also, some upgrade make the blade stuck in the enemy, which means you can delay the teleportation to say like after an combo. ALso, some Upgrades for Sword attacks will add one or more blades into the enemy too! Really cool!

You can also drag those Giant demon that you can only hit in the back falling down if you using an Demon Sword on it, like Dante with the whip.

The best part of that is that you an shoot those sword EVEN WHILE ATTACKING, unlike dante who must stand still and pull/Draw the enemy first!

Also, Vergil can Air Dash, like Dante AND CAN EVADE IN AIR, which can also be used to farther travel with the Air Dash!!!

1. There are two womans in the story. The first is a fake kat, the other Eva... THE REAL EVA! I don't say why you met her, I don't want to spoil you too much.
2. A Fake Dante appear but you won't fight him. He will be beaten in Cutscene. he mocks Vergil a lot.
3. Actually there is only ONE BOSS in the entire campaign... and that is... SURPRISE: DOPPELGÄNGER VERGIL!!! It is the EXACT SAME fight like with Dante, with only ONE Difference: he starts already with full moveset, but after beating him, he will do something, what is a nice reference to the third Nelo Angelo fight in DMC1 =D But except that, no other Bosses =/ After this Boss you get Devil Trigger Doppelgänger

---