Vergils downfall, sadly, isn't as good as I thought...

#101360pagesPosted 2/21/2013 11:53:15 PM
Actually I think MGSR might have more content over all than this game. Both have costumes, but MGSR has missions, as well as certain things hidden throughout levels.

Over all I think there are more things to do in MGSR other than DmC, unless you count using Devil trigger 666 times something to do, then yes I guess that would take a while.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#102KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/21/2013 11:59:02 PM
360pages posted...
Actually I think MGR:R might have more content over all than this game. Both have costumes, but MGR:R has missions, as well as certain things hidden throughout levels.

Over all I think there are more things to do in MGR:R other than DmC, unless you count using Devil trigger 666 times something to do, then yes I guess that would take a while.

Fix'd.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#103360pagesPosted 2/22/2013 12:01:42 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
360pages posted...
Actually I think MGR:R might have more content over all than this game. Both have costumes, but MGR:R has missions, as well as certain things hidden throughout levels.

Over all I think there are more things to do in MGR:R other than DmC, unless you count using Devil trigger 666 times something to do, then yes I guess that would take a while.

Fix'd.

LOL sorry totally forgot about the name for a moment.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#104Xtreme65Posted 2/22/2013 4:35:15 AM
From the Manga:

Vergil also believes that his mother loved Dante more than him, and that the power Dante possesses is rightfully his.

Kinda fits with whats going on here. Assuming the manga is canon that is.

You know if it weren't for the half angel thing and the changes to Sparda's character, this could have been a prequel.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#105produnerPosted 2/22/2013 4:55:48 AM
360pages posted...
Actually I think MGSR might have more content over all than this game. Both have costumes, but MGSR has missions, as well as certain things hidden throughout levels.

Over all I think there are more things to do in MGSR other than DmC, unless you count using Devil trigger 666 times something to do, then yes I guess that would take a while.

MGR has 5 hours of pure fighting and options of stealth, styling, exploring and cutting, instead of tedious 7 hours of platforming, cutscenes that barely have any story or action, walking down empty corridors and few fights with cutscenes every 3 minutes to hide the loading time.

People will replay MGR to improve, learn enemy pattern, stealth runs, speed runs, challenges, unlockables and pure action/ fights. DmC's only replay value is higher difficulties for challenge and it is plagued by horrendous fake playtime with the brain dead platforming and walking.
#106Jeff1015Posted 2/22/2013 7:46:09 AM
produner posted...
360pages posted...

MGR has 5 hours of pure fighting and options of stealth, styling, exploring and cutting, instead of tedious 7 hours of platforming, cutscenes that barely have any story or action, walking down empty corridors and few fights with cutscenes every 3 minutes to hide the loading time.

People will replay MGR to improve, learn enemy pattern, stealth runs, speed runs, challenges, unlockables and pure action/ fights. DmC's only replay value is higher difficulties for challenge and it is plagued by horrendous fake playtime with the brain dead platforming and walking.

I'm pretty sure there are some people out there that want to master DmC's combat.

It's not on the level of the older games, but I think some great players can make the best of it.

I remember seeing a video were some guy used the Angel Dodge to imitate Trickster style.
#107rockman11_zPosted 2/22/2013 7:53:50 AM
Jeff1015 posted...
produner posted...
360pages posted...

I'm pretty sure there are some people out there that want to master DmC's combat.

It's not on the level of the older games, but I think some great players can make the best of it.

I remember seeing a video were some guy used the Angel Dodge to imitate Trickster style.

If they like floppy games, well yeah.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#108produnerPosted 2/22/2013 8:00:46 AM
Jeff1015 posted...
produner posted...
360pages posted...

Yeah probably zeroxem, he used that like guard flying. DmC's combat is way too broken and lenient, add that to the fact that the game has a large amount of input lag and skipping frames, that leads to a shallow combat with less possibilities.

Every thing in DmC has a large window of cancellabilty, slow startup,buffering few applicable movesets and weapons ; arbiter doesn't fit DMC's style. The learning curve and mastering the combat isn't that large in DmC, which contributes to less replay value and skill ceiling. Besides, DMC had strategy and learning enemy patters, which is what made DMC standout aside from combat and combos, especially in DMC1 despite having less complex combat and movesets than DMC3 and 4.
#109RetsuxDPosted 2/22/2013 8:08:48 AM
ResidentGear31 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

He is still better than Vante from DMC 3 SE...

So, deal with it.

yeah,aside from ... 1 hour gameplay for 10 bucks...lol

Isnt MGR $60 for 5 hours?

Depends on how good you are.
I've been hearing that the game takes from 5 to 10 hours depending on your skills, on a first run only but then there's the incoming DLC so...

Yeah, it's not like HnS need length to be worth a play, the original DMC is like 2 hours long if you know what you're doing.

Hell, Joch's fresh DMD run is around 95 minutes, and that's not even the fastest.
#110vgman94Posted 2/22/2013 10:20:39 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
So much for VD being 8+ hours, amirite fanboys?

You do know no-one claimed VD would last more than an hour or two, right? You should try using something called critical thinking. It really helps figuring things out pal.