This game has the worst camera ever.

#1produnerPosted 2/20/2013 6:34:47 PM
And i mean it. I was playing a moment ago and the camera is absolutely stupid. Remember when a piece of **** from IGN said that the camera is good and an improvement from DMC? Well, the camera is crap; it zooms and moves vertically , and its way too close to donte. Didn't IGN say in their review of enslaved that it had a really bad camera? well guess what, DmC has the same camera from enslaved; i've found the same codes with monkey's name in the "chasing camera" note in DmC's file.

Hypocrites? I don't want to talk about DMC's camera, it had its moments during hallways and some places where it acts up and or it isn't designed to be controlled, but overall it was ok and it was placed in a proper distance without a gimmicky-zoom camera , but it rotates sometimes which is annoying.
#2sworderPosted 2/20/2013 6:37:04 PM
Behind the back camera is dumb for HnS, no matter how many reviewers say otherwise.

DMC camera was perfect, it allowed you to see the whole field and all the enemies at once. I saw the BP for DmC and made me realize how much better the DMC4 camera was
#3produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 6:42:21 PM
sworder posted...
Behind the back camera is dumb for HnS, no matter how many reviewers say otherwise.

DMC camera was perfect, it allowed you to see the whole field and all the enemies at once. I saw the BP for DmC and made me realize how much better the DMC4 camera was

The problem is, that DMC4's camera requires adjusting most of the time because it rotates, which screws up your directional inputs. It should be adjusted in a default position behind dante's back unless you move it.
#4sworderPosted 2/20/2013 6:45:58 PM
Hmm I never had a problem with it. Bayonetta's was pretty good too but I might prefer DMC4's, dunno.
#5pkmastah15Posted 2/20/2013 6:46:15 PM
Camera? I could deal with it after playing other games with even worse camera. The one thing I hated the most about this game was the platforming.

There was tons **** of them and it wasn't even remotely fun, just annoying as ****. And the whole switching from demon pull to angel lift and all that was even more ****ing annoying.

God I hate DmC.
#6Dominus_1Posted 2/20/2013 6:48:51 PM
sworder posted...

Yep first thing I thought when I saw DmC BP... Long live DMC4's camera...
PS DmC BP looks super easy anyway so probably would get boring..
#7ninja_poopPosted 2/20/2013 6:49:09 PM
Never once had a problem with it. Maybe its just you.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado/Washington become the first states
#8produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 6:52:49 PM
pkmastah15 posted...
Camera? I could deal with it after playing other games with even worse camera. The one thing I hated the most about this game was the platforming.

There was tons **** of them and it wasn't even remotely fun, just annoying as ****. And the whole switching from demon pull to angel lift and all that was even more ****ing annoying.

God I hate DmC.

You've forgot about cutscenes every 3 minutes where enemies spawn and the camera zooms into donte's face like an old Indian movie.
A moment ago a tutorial like page popped off about the style meter, it happened during combat while i was freaking fighting.

Platforming is brain dead; pull , grab, jump. Platforming and walking in empty hallways is probably half of the game.

I think that the cutscenes where enemies spawn are there to hide the terrible loading time.
#9produner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 6:54:29 PM
ninja_poop posted...
Never once had a problem with it. Maybe its just you.

I'll upload a video tomorrow showing the stupid camera. I've already uploaded one about jump canceling just for SHMYazoo; he will wear cowboy boots after seeing it.
#10KaptainK00lPosted 2/20/2013 6:56:42 PM
Worst camera ever....never really played the older Resident Evil games I take it?
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''