Did Tameem apologize to DMC fans yet?

#31JanneDaArc135Posted 2/21/2013 10:01:08 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
Okay....

I was originally part of those who didn't want a reboot but that's the only thing he said and people are insulted by this ? Really ?

I though he... well... insulted DMC fans for real.... Why would that need an apologize ???

Its not only that....
Tameem has made it clear that our opinion is "wrong" After he said "our definition of cool is wrong," he then makes his biggest mistake in saying things like "I'll admit now I couldn't help it. I should have turned into the 'suave freelancer', and thanked him for taking the time to do this talk. At the very least I should have become the adoring fan, praised him for Heavenly Sword, and told him how I couldn't wait to get a copy of Enslaved.

I instead assumed the snarky journalist persona, and without thinking asked, “So, how do you feel about the fan reaction to DMC?”

Tameen looked at me a moment and took a drag of his cigarette. Then without blinking, and without pausing to exhale the smoke from his mouth he said, “I don't care.”

or another classic:

"There's nothing to fix" in response about things needing fixed in the game

or better yet

"Old school Dante would be laughed out of a bar in Tokyo"

Or the fact that he claimed his games writing would be hollywood level and that it would be groundmaking. After making of the old games he couldn't even produce a good game.....

Or I can go on with other brilliant quotes

"You have to be something really special to beat it!" (Referring to Bloody Palace, although to be fair Tameem didn't work on that"

These are just some of the things that Tameem did to make fans angry.....
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#32Gray Fox DiePosted 2/21/2013 10:01:39 PM
I guess he must be a dick but people are overreacting.

I would really like to read what he said that was soooo insulting.
#33JanneDaArc135Posted 2/21/2013 10:02:31 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
I guess he must be a dick but people are overreacting.

I would really like to read what he said that was soooo insulting.

I posted some of it right now.....
You can look up some other "Classic Tameem quotes if you want"
---
#34VaruneyPosted 2/21/2013 10:04:52 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
Okay....

I was originally part of those who didn't want a reboot but that's the only thing he said and people are insulted by this ? Really ?

I though he... well... insulted DMC fans for real.... Why would that need an apologize ???

He also said something along the lines of: "I don't care what the fans think"
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#35JanneDaArc135Posted 2/21/2013 10:06:34 PM
Varuney posted...
Gray Fox Die posted...
Okay....

Yup. I posted that one in the "Classic Tameem quotes section"
---
#36SandOnMyBootPosted 2/21/2013 10:13:06 PM(edited)
My personal favorite was, "What was cool 12 years ago (I think that's when the 1st game was released) isn't cool anymore."

He also appears to suck at math and/or doing research.
#37Gray Fox DiePosted 2/21/2013 10:15:06 PM
I will google it to find more but still...

While I wouldn't be myself arrogant like that I can understand his position a bit. He's hired by Capcom to reboot and westernize (you know what I mean) one of the best serie ever and EVERYONE is against him and the work he did.

Okay, maybe that wasn't very bright to design Dante's hair like his (I'm glad this was changed in the final game) but DmC is IMO a very very good game.

And I still don't think he has anything to apologize for. DMC fans are 100X worst than him.
#38JanneDaArc135Posted 2/21/2013 10:19:27 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
I will google it to find more but still...

While I wouldn't be myself arrogant like that I can understand his position a bit. He's hired by Capcom to reboot and westernize (you know what I mean) one of the best serie ever and EVERYONE is against him and the work he did.

Okay, maybe that wasn't very bright to design Dante's hair like his (I'm glad this was changed in the final game) but DmC is IMO a very very good game.

And I still don't think he has anything to apologize for. DMC fans are 100X worst than him.

I understand your position and I am fine if you like the game. I am not gonna hate on people for liking it. What I am angry about is Tameem's response to the fans. While I do agree that many people were against him from the start Tameem's JOB is to act in a professional manner and not antagonize fans. I know Tameem is human and he can get angry like anyone else but the thing is in order for this game to sell well he has to keep that angry feeling inside and take the bigger step and ensure the fans (even if it is a lie) that the game will be good.

When he snapped back and starting antagonizing fans (even though he may have a right to) that was pretty much a 100% guarantee the game would flop.

Once again while I am an anti I don't hate people for liking the game. I am just upset at Tameem for acting like a pompous a**hat.
---
#39VaruneyPosted 2/21/2013 10:22:05 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
Varuney posted...
Gray Fox Die posted...
Okay....

Yup. I posted that one in the "Classic Tameem quotes section"

Right. Sorry 'bout that, I kinda just skipped pages.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#40finalfantasy94Posted 2/21/2013 10:22:25 PM
apologizing for a well recived game. Man the interenet sure is crazy.