Did Tameem apologize to DMC fans yet?

#61produnerPosted 2/22/2013 6:57:18 AM
SilentS89 posted...
produner posted...
Reasons

INB4 "Yeah that stuff is true but why does he need to apologize? I wasn't personally offended so that means nobody else was."

Tameem doesn't have to apologies because they play for fun only and huskies are quite the handful.

" logic is for (plural of female genitalia) ".
#62SilentS89Posted 2/22/2013 7:02:02 AM
Fun hardcounters all arguments.
#63RentonThurstenPosted 2/22/2013 7:31:17 AM
Whats with all these pros enabling Tam Tam and Capcoms actions!? Its not even the pros acting like this. I see it all over the internet for almost all concerns gamers have for their beloved franchises. Especially Final Fantasy 13! Folks spinning everything around to make that said gamer look like an idiot who has lost his/her mind for being vocal about concerns that stand out like a sore thumb! Its really annoying! I wonder if most of these spin doctors are actually hired by game developers or journalists to patrol forums and blogs and stir things up...or worst...mind f*** gamers into believing how they feel is isn't real...
---
I wish I could throw a real sonic boom... (>*)> <<>>
PSN: taoshin3j gamertag: taoshin3j
#64Dr_ThroatpunchPosted 2/22/2013 7:35:13 AM
SilentS89 posted...
The fans didn't want a reboot.

Tameem essentially told us "No you are wrong, I know what you want better than you do".

"Dante isn't cool anymore, but my new version is. You don't want the Dante you grew up with, you want the one I created in my own image".

He also flat out said that he doesn't care about the fan reaction to DmC.

If you don't see how that could be insulting, then you will never understand.

Please respect that others do find it insulting.

He doesn't claim to know what the fans want. He doesn't care what the fans want. The fans are a small group; He wants those Call of Duty numbers. That's why the game was dumbed down and made easier. That's why Dante looks so American. It's all about sales. The game is easier so people won't get pissed and trade it into GameStop. They're supposed to stick around until the DLC is out.
#65rockman11_zPosted 2/22/2013 7:52:20 AM
DJ_0000 posted...
Why would anyone be stupid enough to expect an apology? And what has he done to require making an apology?

His company was hired to make a game from a new perspective and they did just that, they have nothing to apologise for and anyone asking for one is an idiot.

Duh, Captain Obvious. The reason why he needs to apologize is because he and his team made DmC a failure to many.

If you don't catch my drift since you have the pro googles, I'm saying he and his team turned this game to a FLOP.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#66No_one_specialPosted 2/22/2013 8:20:13 AM
produner posted...
Uggh... the reviewers again...

To sum it up:
-Reviewers/journalists don't get paid directly, but they get paid for running ads for games from publishers and advertising them using other means. Here it is video games politics, they advertise the game, which means being biased in reviews, if they don't then the publisher might black list them or get them in some legal problems. It is risky for both journalists/ VG corporations and publishers or devs; paying for ads or black listing them, which affects both the game and journalists.

-Reviewers don't have certifications, lack profession,incompetent and resort to preference in most cases instead of objective things and facts about the game. Examples? IGN gave god hand 3/10 and the reviewer was fired; he ignored the gameplay which was the core of the game. IGN, being one of the biggest VG corporations and most influential, they criticized the camera in enslaved, which is the same chase camera in DmC that has the same coding, which was praised or not mentioned during their reviews. Also on playstationstyle, someone gave MGR 3/10 despite having a perfectly running game and balanced combat, add that to the fact that he didn't complete the game and stating false info.

In other words , reviews are not credible and the relationship between publishers and reviewers affect the game, aside from being unprofessional and assigning wrong people to review games in genres that they are not familiar with or they don't like that certain genre ( bias).

This.

You'd think that after scandals like Gerstmann's unceremonious ousting from GameSpot over his panning of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men and Doritogate that people would start questioning the validity of these reviews...
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
#67HagielPosted 2/22/2013 9:19:00 AM
rockman11_z posted...
The reason why he needs to apologize is because he and his team made DmC a failure to many.

No, just... no. I'm sure Ninja Theory likes their game. I'm also sure that there are a lot of people who also like this game. Why should someone have to apologize for liking or creating something that one likes regarding a video game? Why should he have to apologize just because a certain group didn't like it? No video game ever pleased EVERYONE and there will never be such a thing.

You still have the old games you love. No one is going to take them from you. You act as if with the release of DmC your console or PC refused to let you play them. THAT would be a reason for an apology.

Regarding the insults... I'm really curious who started it. I did not follow it two years ago but I can't imagine Ninja Theory said: "Well old Dante would be laughed out of a bar, so here is the first trailer!" I think the DMC hardcore fans saw the trailer and started immediatelly the insults and threats and then Tameem insulted back. Or was it really the other way round? I really would like to know.

Was it unprofessional of him not just to ignore the insults? Yes. But is it understandable that someone who is insulted shoots back. Yes!
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#68KyryloPosted 2/22/2013 9:25:45 AM
Hagiel posted...

Regarding the insults... I'm really curious who started it. I did not follow it two years ago but I can't imagine Ninja Theory said: "Well old Dante would be laughed out of a bar, so here is the first trailer!" I think the DMC hardcore fans saw the trailer and started immediatelly the insults and threats and then Tameem insulted back. Or was it really the other way round? I really would like to know.
!

Believe it o not, but THIS is what happened. First publishing were like: we're about to create best DMc experience ever since old games were not perfect and not today's relevant. Tameem: I don't want to make japanesey looking games like Bayonetta and DMC because they are not cool anymore.
#69HagielPosted 2/22/2013 9:36:02 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Hagiel posted...

!

Believe it o not, but THIS is what happened. First publishing were like: we're about to create best DMc experience ever since old games were not perfect and not today's relevant. Tameem: I don't want to make japanesey looking games like Bayonetta and DMC because they are not cool anymore.

ok, this Tameem guy really is a jerk. While I thought his recent statements (the ones I noticed) where really arrogant, I thought it was a reaction to all the hate towards him, but...

Perhaps he should participate in a seminar that teaches human interactions... *shakes head*
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#70rockman11_zPosted 2/22/2013 9:42:16 AM(edited)
Hagiel posted...
rockman11_z posted...
The reason why he needs to apologize is because he and his team made DmC a failure to many.

No, just... no. I'm sure Ninja Theory likes their game. I'm also sure that there are a lot of people who also like this game. Why should someone have to apologize for liking or creating something that one likes regarding a video game? Why should he have to apologize just because a certain group didn't like it? No video game ever pleased EVERYONE and there will never be such a thing.

You still have the old games you love. No one is going to take them from you. You act as if with the release of DmC your console or PC refused to let you play them. THAT would be a reason for an apology.

Was it unprofessional of him not just to ignore the insults? Yes. But is it understandable that someone who is insulted shoots back. Yes!

You sound like a Ninja Theory apologist.

Listen, this game was a failure to many. That's a fact. It's not just a certain group that hates the game. It was hated by a lot. Look at the sales. The game FFFLLLLOOOPPPPEEEDDDD!!!!

So FlopTam insults the fans plus made a floppy game, does he need to apologize? Yes. In fact, that's not enough. He should not make this game again.

This should be his apology twit:

" I apologize for the immature insults and making Devil May Cry franchise a failure. I will step down as director and will develop indie games as instead. Thank you for your understanding."

Then his indie game should be announced as:

"Floppy birds" ^_^
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)