A Definitive list of why us "Anti's" hate this game

#1JanneDaArc135Posted 2/21/2013 10:38:17 PM
I posted this in another thread but to all the "pro's" out there complaining that the only reason we hate this game is because of Dante's hair, I am 100% seriously writing these following reasons to try to explain our hate. I am trying to be civil here (which is more than I can say for some).

1.) Music is teh suk (WUB WUB WUB)
2.) Voice acting makes me want to puke
3.) Game is WAYYYYY too easy (even with the patch)
4.) The writing is horrible (In NO way Hollywood level)
5.) Boss fights are just pathetic
6.) A joke to achieve SSS ranking (A bit better with the patch though)
7.) No lock on (Come on really?)
8.) No taunt
9.) Color coded enemies are just annoying to fight
10.) Glitches out of the wazoo
11.) WAY too much platforming
12.) Tried too hard to be cutting edge (F*** you, F*** you, No! F*** you! *pukes all over the place*
13.) Lackluster Character depth
14.) Tameem being a complete and utter a**hat
15.) Ending really blows the big one
16.) 30 FPS
17.) DT is WAYYYYY to OP'ed

The combat was meh I guess. It was okay but really dumbed down from previous versions. The story was somewhat decent I guess but that doesn't say much as DMC isn't really about story. There I said in a nice manner what we "anti's" hate about the game. Yet to everyone else its just being "butthurt" at having Dante's hair changed.

Anyways there ya go. Discuss!!!!
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#2NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/21/2013 10:45:20 PM
I don't hate this game, and I certainly won't bash the people who do like it, but I will post the reasons why I dislike this game.

1. It just doesn't feel like a DMC game. It just doesn't.
2. There's way too much swearing for my tastes.
3. I don't like what they did with Dante and Vergil.
4. No Lady or Trish.
5. Too many glitches.
6. Bloody Palace and Vergil's Downfall are sold separately. It really should have been in the game already. Especially Bloody Palace.
7. The music is rather....forgettable to me.
8. There's some.....inappropriate scenes that I don't like at all.
9. The gameplay isn't as smooth as other DMCs. Especially DMC 3 and DMC 4.
10. You have to actually buy some of the skins and costumes. They should have already been in the game.

That's all I can think of for now.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#3KaptainK00lPosted 2/21/2013 10:53:09 PM
I have yet to encounter a single glitch, must be a PS3 thing.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#4darkslayer001Posted 2/21/2013 10:54:47 PM
KaptainK00l posted...
I have yet to encounter a single glitch, must be a PS3 thing.

i heard unreal doesnt run well with ps3....
#5ss14knightPosted 2/21/2013 10:58:21 PM(edited)
JanneDaArc135 posted...
14.) Tameem being a complete and utter a**hat!

C'mon now. That's not a valid reason. I know Tameem has screwed up, but with the amount of hate he's STILL getting, I half expect to find out one day that he's been shot in his home and they found a guy cosplaying as DMC3 Dante sneaking out the window.

EDIT: Also, PS3 user here, I have encountered one noticeable glitch thus far where the Hunter went idle for a few seconds.
#6JanneDaArc135(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:04:49 PM
ss14knight posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

C'mon now. That's not a valid reason. I know Tameem has screwed up, but with the amount of hate he's STILL getting, I half expect to find out one day that he's been shot in his home and they found a guy cosplaying as DMC3 Dante sneaking out the window.

EDIT: Also, PS3 user here, I have encountered one noticeable glitch thus far where the Hunter went idle for a few seconds.

While I too think all this death threat and letter writing thing is stupid and going way too far on anti's side Tameem could have handled things a lot better. He obviously doesn't deserve to be shot but I think this "wake up call" was the best thing for him.
---
#7ss14knightPosted 2/21/2013 11:12:12 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
ss14knight posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

While I too think all this death threat and letter writing thing is stupid and going way too far on anti's side Tameem could have handled things a lot better. He obviously doesn't deserve to be shot but I think this "wake up call" was the best thing for him.

Oh I'm not saying he deserved no critisism. But at this point he's got the message and is not listening anymore so it's pointless and just makes some of the people going in-depth about their hatred look kinda weird.
#8JanneDaArc135(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:22:51 PM
ss14knight posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...
ss14knight posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

Oh I'm not saying he deserved no critisism. But at this point he's got the message and is not listening anymore so it's pointless and just makes some of the people going in-depth about their hatred look kinda weird.

Yeah I think its about time everyone got over the game. The horse is already dead as they say. I made my post and said my piece. I am done now. I will just watch the battle as it eventually fades out. I do kind of feel bad for Tameem (like 1%) because ever since he took this job he had no chance of succeeding due to everyone's hatred. He did his best and even though he didn't handle it well he is human so I can understand his reason for insulting the fans. I just didn't like it <.<
---
#9ss14knightPosted 2/21/2013 11:31:48 PM(edited)
JanneDaArc135 posted...
ss14knight posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...
ss14knight posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...

Yeah I think its about time everyone got over the game. The horse is already dead as they say. I made my post and said my piece. I am done now. I will just watch the battle as it eventually fades out. I do kind of feel bad for Tameem (like 1%) because ever since he took this job he had no chance of succeeding due to everyone's hatred. He did his best and even though he didn't handle it well he is human so I can understand his reason for insulting the fans. I just didn't like it <.<

If only more antis were like you. I salute you, sir. Also yeah, we all give him crap, but I'm pretty sure none of us would be able to sit through the insults he received without eventually throwing some sarcasm and mean spirited humor back.

On the flip side, pros have been wrong too. I enjoyed the game a lot, but there's a limit. After I beat Hell and Hell and Vergil's Downfall, I think I'll have to put this dog to bed. Hell, if it weren't for the fact that the standard difficulties were so easy and Son of Sparda was just a slight challange, I would've stopped before Dante Must Die mode.
#10finalfantasy94Posted 2/21/2013 11:31:19 PM
find it werid people bring in the writeing but past dmc werent super great ether.