Is Ninja Theory the LJN/M.Night Shyamalan of this Gen?

#1FleishhacherPosted 2/22/2013 11:47:13 AM
and do you think they can recover what little is left of their rep?

I was waiting on line at a gamestop and was kind of surprised at the reaction
there was to me just mentioning Tammem.

Looking through the bargain bin I noticed how many Enslaved copies were available, so I made a quick comment to my brother on how Tammem and Ninja Theory made Enslaved. The guy infront of me on line started Laughing and the guy behind me said
"Dat superninja tam tam".

its exactly like the reaction when someone mentions a LJN game, or an M.Night Shyamalan movie? NT is dismissed just by name.

IMO whatever they release next will bomb automatically, unless they change the name back to 'just add monsters'.
#2mmpepsiPosted 2/22/2013 11:52:32 AM
Their games aren't that bad. DmC is alright, it's just a bad Devil May Cry game.

Actually Enslaved is pretty bad. People always say it's good and the characters and story are great and blah blah blah (they really aren't btw), but in the end the gameplay is garbage and isn't that what's supposed to matter in the game?
#3Fleishhacher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 12:03:47 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Their games aren't that bad. DmC is alright, it's just a bad Devil May Cry game.

Actually Enslaved is pretty bad. People always say it's good and the characters and story are great and blah blah blah (they really aren't btw), but in the end the gameplay is garbage and isn't that what's supposed to matter in the game?

Yeah, the games they make are very average, but after DmC
I feel that negativity will follow whatever the next project is also.
#4bigdom93Posted 2/22/2013 12:15:47 PM
they could also be compared to Micheal Bay and Uwe Boll in terms of stories of their games, that they actually wrote "Kung Fu Chaos which has as many racial stereo types as he did in the transformers movies,

and DmC Is just Uwe Boll trying to make Devil May Cry