Check out my DmC Combo Mad video

#11penance1Posted 2/22/2013 9:42:07 PM
A collection of some of my sickest combos with Prototyperaptor's sickest tracks! I'll be uploading one for Vergil and a playthrough of Vergil's Downfall as well. To whomever it may concern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07D-CA_8uc
---
Official Darui of the NUNSG Board
PSN-- Twilight09 XBL-- TwilightHD
#2pokefan35Posted 2/22/2013 9:44:47 PM
That's pretty cool, but some quick questions:

1. How come the motion isn't as fluid as in older games?

2. What's with the choppiness?

3. Are the framerates good in this game?

4. Is the character likeable?
#31penance1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:52:13 PM
1) They slowed down the combat to make Dante a more believable character and to make the combat more accessible. Smart move to appeal to more people but to DMC fans it comes off as slower and easier. It is deep though.

2) Its either your computer/internet connection, or my capture card. I know for a fact it skips at one part but one part only.

3) 30fps on the consoles. 60fps on PC. I honestly cant tell the difference between 30 and 60fps so I dont care. Other than that, it isnt inconsistent or anything. It wont lag and skip

4) I like him. He's believable. Do I like him as much as the old Dante? LOLno. The last Dante was awesome, but he was ridiculous and unbelievably predictable. This Dante is at least more varied in his reactions and actions, but whether or not that is a good thing is up to you. He is likable though.
---
Official Darui of the NUNSG Board
PSN-- Twilight09 XBL-- TwilightHD
#4pokefan35Posted 2/22/2013 9:57:30 PM
Very political of you, I dub thee Sir Adtopic of PR-ington.
#5UbberDevilPosted 2/22/2013 10:11:25 PM
1penance1 posted...
1) They slowed down the combat to make Dante a more believable character and to make the combat more accessible. Smart move to appeal to more people but to DMC fans it comes off as slower and easier. It is deep though.

2) Its either your computer/internet connection, or my capture card. I know for a fact it skips at one part but one part only.

3) 30fps on the consoles. 60fps on PC. I honestly cant tell the difference between 30 and 60fps so I dont care. Other than that, it isnt inconsistent or anything. It wont lag and skip

4) I like him. He's believable. Do I like him as much as the old Dante? LOLno. The last Dante was awesome, but he was ridiculous and unbelievably predictable. This Dante is at least more varied in his reactions and actions, but whether or not that is a good thing is up to you. He is likable though.

I'm gonna play Devil's advocate because it's late and I'm bored:

1.) It obviously wasn't a smart move to appeal to more people because the game is doing poorly, sales-wise. It's actually turning out to be the worst selling in the series.

4.) How was original Dante predictable? He had a different personality in almost every game. Also how is the new Dante more varied in his reactions? From what I saw he barely reacted to anything. In fact I would say original Dante was the character that had varied reactions and entertaining ones at that.

Original Dante reactions and actions:

- Rising through sword stabbed through him
- making fun of giant spider
- getting angry at Mundus
- emotional LIGHT scene
- surfing on rocket
- performing Shakespeare scene with Agnus
- Lucifer scene
- gun fighting scene with Lady

New Dante

- Yeah whatever
- back up a bit, who are you again? (while staring blankly at guy who looks exactly like him)
- "Lilith carries Mundus's child" (Dante stares blankly)
- F*** you
- you're an a******!
- that whine he does when Mundus grabs Vergil
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#6Sephivengeance9Posted 2/22/2013 10:27:48 PM
eh, sorry TC, but it's difficult to be impressed by combos in this game, since the combat is so shallow. I will say it was a nice effort on your part though.

However, I have to thoroughly disagree that DmC Dante is anything close to a believable character. Having a character not react to anything =/= realistic or believable. And everything else in between he's too busy being a completely unlikable p*** to be considered anything other than "this is my first character, and I tried REALLY hard to make him kewl."
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#7rene48Posted 2/22/2013 10:43:44 PM
Meh. This guy is better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=00oIiqh9UB4
#8Project5BossPosted 2/22/2013 11:10:21 PM
Needs moar, "HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYY!" and "YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"
#9KaptainK00lPosted 2/22/2013 11:20:27 PM
I came across this video recently I think, pretty cool stuff.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#10RetsuxDPosted 2/23/2013 12:07:04 AM
UbberDevil posted...
New Dante

- Yeah whatever
- back up a bit, who are you again? (while staring blankly at guy who looks exactly like him)
- "Lilith carries Mundus's child" (Dante stares blankly)
- F*** you
- you're an a******!
- that whine he does when Mundus grabs Vergil

You forgot:
-Yeah
-Ok
-Sure
-Yes
And, of course
-KAT