I don't understand the decisions made.

#1sjwho2Posted 2/23/2013 12:01:12 AM
So ninja theory pretty much made DmC completely different from the original Devil May Cry except for the character names used.

But then, they put "not in a million years". Which sure, it might piss off a few fans but w/e, i get it. Its a different series altogether guys, just a joke!

or is it.......

Then, not even 2 hours later you get the devil trigger. Which turns his hair WHITE and gives him a RED COAT. What?!!! That is the same as the old dante! What happened to being different.

Then......we get DLC. Which is some half-assed version of the original Dante.
----------------------------------------------------------

Why would you go out of your way to make that joke, which you know isn't going to improve the game's reception at all, and then make him just like the original dante, thereby making you say:

"I'll never do this!"
*10minutes later*
"I'm doing it!"
#2dillpickle69Posted 2/23/2013 12:05:01 AM
Because it's just a joke and jokes aren't meant to be taken so seriously.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#3KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/23/2013 12:05:46 AM
Don't look into it too much.

It's just crappy writing.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#4dom316Posted 2/23/2013 12:07:40 AM
Throw in that all achievements/trophies as well as challenges are references to the other games too.

I really wish this had been a new IP. Then we could see how far it would have gotten without a built in franchise fanbase.
---
Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that evil on us! YOU ARE NOT PARALYZED!
R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan
#5tehdudPosted 2/23/2013 12:10:56 AM
Because it's just a joke and jokes aren't meant to be taken so seriously.

jokes such as team ninja
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#6sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:10:56 AM
dom316 posted...
Throw in that all achievements/trophies as well as challenges are references to the other games too.

I really wish this had been a new IP. Then we could see how far it would have gotten without a built in franchise fanbase.

Well....if it was a Hack-n-Slash game it would have tanked being made by NT and all.
#7syctheweilderPosted 2/23/2013 12:13:16 AM
It's not in a million years. It's more like 4-6 hours, depending on your playtime.
#8sjwho2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:17:33 AM
syctheweilder posted...
It's not in a million years. It's more like 4-6 hours, depending on your playtime.

Uh.......... the entire game is 4-6 hours? The DT is about halfway through.
#9syctheweilderPosted 2/23/2013 12:22:16 AM
sjwho2 posted...
syctheweilder posted...

Uh.......... the entire game is 4-6 hours?

I know.
#10mad_hax_manPosted 2/23/2013 12:31:52 AM
sjwho2 posted...
So ninja theory pretty much made DmC completely different from the original Devil May Cry except for the character names used.

But then, they put "not in a million years". Which sure, it might piss off a few fans but w/e, i get it. Its a different series altogether guys, just a joke!

or is it.......

Then, not even 2 hours later you get the devil trigger. Which turns his hair WHITE and gives him a RED COAT. What?!!! That is the same as the old dante! What happened to being different.

Then......we get DLC. Which is some half-assed version of the original Dante.
----------------------------------------------------------

Why would you go out of your way to make that joke, which you know isn't going to improve the game's reception at all, and then make him just like the original dante, thereby making you say:

"I'll never do this!"
*10minutes later*
"I'm doing it!"

Its kind of hard to tell without really knowing about what went on behind the scenes, but at times it feels like this game has been pulled into two different directions. We have NT, a company bought in specifically to attract a new fanbase having a poor relationship with the old fans and so are ready to drop them in a heart beat, and one the other side, we have Capcom, who have been loosing more and more faith from their customers across a number of series, including DMC, and don't want to loose anymore.

In this case we have a jab at a fanbase that has been given them hell since this game was announced, followed up by what seems like a desperate call back to the old series
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart