I don't understand the decisions made.

#11FulvipPosted 2/23/2013 2:13:06 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
sjwho2 posted...
So ninja theory pretty much made DmC completely different from the original Devil May Cry except for the character names used.

But then, they put "not in a million years". Which sure, it might piss off a few fans but w/e, i get it. Its a different series altogether guys, just a joke!

or is it.......

Then, not even 2 hours later you get the devil trigger. Which turns his hair WHITE and gives him a RED COAT. What?!!! That is the same as the old dante! What happened to being different.

Then......we get DLC. Which is some half-assed version of the original Dante.
----------------------------------------------------------

Why would you go out of your way to make that joke, which you know isn't going to improve the game's reception at all, and then make him just like the original dante, thereby making you say:

"I'll never do this!"
*10minutes later*
"I'm doing it!"

Its kind of hard to tell without really knowing about what went on behind the scenes, but at times it feels like this game has been pulled into two different directions. We have NT, a company bought in specifically to attract a new fanbase having a poor relationship with the old fans and so are ready to drop them in a heart beat, and one the other side, we have Capcom, who have been loosing more and more faith from their customers across a number of series, including DMC, and don't want to loose anymore.

In this case we have a jab at a fanbase that has been given them hell since this game was announced, followed up by what seems like a desperate call back to the old series

Capcom has been losing faith because they refuse to look at their own messes. I don't follow SF stuff, but there was anger with something on that field, then TekkenXSF, then RE6 and now this.

Besides, that joke part could've been a way of separating this Dante from the older one with some taste. "Nah" or "It's not my style" would've been better ways to handle that instead of taking a cheap shot at the fans.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#12pyro_buntaPosted 2/23/2013 2:24:51 AM
B-B-But it's hilariously and tastefully done TC...
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#13mad_hax_manPosted 2/23/2013 2:59:56 AM
Fulvip posted...
mad_hax_man posted...
sjwho2 posted...
So ninja theory pretty much made DmC completely different from the original Devil May Cry except for the character names used.

But then, they put "not in a million years". Which sure, it might piss off a few fans but w/e, i get it. Its a different series altogether guys, just a joke!

or is it.......

Then, not even 2 hours later you get the devil trigger. Which turns his hair WHITE and gives him a RED COAT. What?!!! That is the same as the old dante! What happened to being different.

Why would you go out of your way to make that joke, which you know isn't going to improve the game's reception at all, and then make him just like the original dante, thereby making you say:

"I'll never do this!"
*10minutes later*
"I'm doing it!"

Its kind of hard to tell without really knowing about what went on behind the scenes, but at times it feels like this game has been pulled into two different directions. We have NT, a company bought in specifically to attract a new fanbase having a poor relationship with the old fans and so are ready to drop them in a heart beat, and one the other side, we have Capcom, who have been loosing more and more faith from their customers across a number of series, including DMC, and don't want to loose anymore.

In this case we have a jab at a fanbase that has been given them hell since this game was announced, followed up by what seems like a desperate call back to the old series

Capcom has been losing faith because they refuse to look at their own messes. I don't follow SF stuff, but there was anger with something on that field, then TekkenXSF, then RE6 and now this.

I know. But the whole white hair DT thing (as well as the smoking thing) looks like it comes from Capcom under estimating the amount of backlash and trying to put a band aid over it in attempt wo win back some fo the old crowd.

In short this game feels like its torn between paying homage to the old series while calling a lot of the old series fans out
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#14bobbysjobyPosted 2/23/2013 3:56:36 AM
Its clear that alot changed during production. Hell in the original trailers dante was this weird looking bruised up creature who was captured and in an asylum of some sort. Bqck then he smoked and during gameplay there were finishing moves including ashing cigs on enemies heads. Clearly at some point capcom must ve stepped in and asked for nods to the original to be tacked in, wonder what else was altered
#15littlechanPosted 2/23/2013 5:01:45 AM
I wonder, if the dialogue weren't like that, could the fans received it better? Maybe saying something like: "Nah, not my style", etc?
---
Darkness is Absence of Light
#16PostCrisisJ2Posted 2/23/2013 6:24:29 AM
littlechan posted...
I wonder, if the dialogue weren't like that, could the fans received it better? Maybe saying something like: "Nah, not my style", etc?

A lot of the dialogue in the game could use a lot of work in general. As for the little scene itself, this could have gone over a little better if the fanbase didn't already feel insulted. Certainly doesn't help with the entire arrogance thing.
---
http://notebookstuck.tumblr.com/
http://i.imgur.com/8hEuE.jpg
#17Ink-RibbonPosted 2/23/2013 6:27:25 AM
What don't you get?

Capcom needs more power....

DMC is a famous franchise...

Capcom wanted to save money. They hired NT. Capcom spent less money by paying NT, because Capcom would spend more money by themselves, by bringing a team to produce DMC 5 and so on.

The name itself could help them to win money. DMC HD Collection and DmC are both selling.

The end? Don't bet on it, Capcom has a lot of money, they're clever, lol.
#18ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/23/2013 6:32:48 AM
You can call me TamTam the franchise killer. Has a nice ring to it, don'tcha think?
#19zhaoyun99Posted 2/23/2013 6:43:58 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
Fulvip posted...
mad_hax_man posted...
sjwho2 posted...

or is it.......

"I'll never do this!"
*10minutes later*
"I'm doing it!"

I know. But the whole white hair DT thing (as well as the smoking thing) looks like it comes from Capcom under estimating the amount of backlash and trying to put a band aid over it in attempt wo win back some fo the old crowd.

In short this game feels like its torn between paying homage to the old series while calling a lot of the old series fans out

I can understand that Cashcom suddenly realize at the last minute that NT was not the right choice and decide to shut Tamtam mouth up after release. BTW, minor correction is SFXTekken not the other way around since that game will be make by Namco with Tekken Style. But hey, Cashcom is a sly fox, like Ink-Ribbon said. They could blow both way. One way to sit on Dante's chair with Cigarette and secretly laugh at NT since it was NT who has to pay the most money for development. On the other hand, they will have more money through the HD collection since it was next to no effort in order to put them together.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun