Well I guess this answers my question (Vergil combo vid)

#1UbberDevilPosted 2/23/2013 10:21:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFv0ktUKZ-Y&list=UU0Ch4LvWjg0JEOLFD6j0wdw&index=1

not bad
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#2Pesmerga255Posted 2/23/2013 10:25:51 AM
His moves are more interesting than Donte's, but they look weak and sluggish in comparison to DMC3 Vergil's.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3Psychochild27Posted 2/23/2013 10:26:00 AM
Not that great either. To their credit, giving Vergil a Demon Pull like that is something I wouldn't mind seeing rolled into Vanilla Vergil if the guy ever comes back to the main series. It looks cool, it's mechanically different enough from Nero's Snatch on merit of being a summoned sword projectile to not feel like it's stomping on the Devil Bringer's toes and it offers some really cool set-ups especially with knockback blows at the end of combos.

THAT SAID, man are those attack animations hideous. I have a hard time believing that Vergil ever had a point where his fighting style was ever as poor as it's portrayed in DmC. While Nero has been my favorite when it comes to his overall fighting style from an aesthetic standpoint (DAT BLU ROZ), nearly every move Vergil had in DMC3 stands up there among the coolest in the series. Every Yamato move, every Beowulf move and while the Force Edge was all recycled moves, that ground combo it had was absolutely bad-ass.

Such a shame.
#4UbberDevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:29:21 AM(edited)
^ i liked the pic you posted with that same message on phantombabies XD

One thing I was glad to see was that Vergil has a means to launch heavy enemies (Tyrant). Because I wasn't seeing any of that during the walkthroughs.
---
#5Psychochild27Posted 2/23/2013 10:33:20 AM(edited)
UbberDevil posted...

One thing I was glad to see was that Vergil has a means to launch heavy enemies (Tyrant). Because I wasn't seeing any of that during the walkthroughs.

It doesn't surprise me too much seeing as how Dino had Raze and there's quite a bit of crossover on move properties between Dino and Vino.
#6UbberDevil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:33:49 AM
Psychochild27 posted...
UbberDevil posted...

Dino did too - Try Raze sometime (Or whatever the charge move is for Osiris).

Oh yeah, I'm aware that Dante can launch heavy enemies with both Raze and a fully charged uppercut (I take advantage of it every time a heavy enemy pops up). I just wasn't sure if Vergil was going to be given the same treatment but I'm happy he is.
---
#7shatterstarPosted 2/23/2013 10:51:23 AM
This Vergil has a hell of a lot more moves over the original Vergil, that's for damn sure!

It's amazing how things turn out .

Ninja Theory. A developer known for creating mediocre combat systems, out performs PG's MGR combat system. Who are, well were masters of this genre.

Amazing!
#8Pesmerga255Posted 2/23/2013 10:53:19 AM
shatterstar posted...

Ninja Theory. A developer known for creating mediocre combat systems, out performs PG's MGR combat system. Who are, well were masters of this genre.

Amazing!

I lol'd.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#9Psychochild27Posted 2/23/2013 10:54:02 AM
shattershill posted...
This Vergil has a hell of a lot more moves over the original Vergil, that's for damn sure!

It's amazing how things turn out .

Amazing!

Just when I thought you couldn't top yourself, you went above and beyond.

Don't ever stop.
#10DJ_0000Posted 2/23/2013 10:55:51 AM
UbberDevil posted...

To launch heavy enemies it needs to be a just charge attack.

I was excited to see what Ultime would do with Vergil but it was little disappointing as he didn't get as creative as I thought he would. Vergil's Doppleganger could be used quite creatively and he didn't use the summon swords as much as I thought he would. You can actually fire the summoned swords continually while executing other combos.

An example of something Vergil can do with this is jump cancel Aerial Rave while firing a summon sword on every attack and blistering swords on every jump, this is pretty damn powerful and looks a lot more impressive than the normal cancels. I hope we see some other posters exploring this more.

I think he went a little to cancel heavy with this video and missed some of the key aspects of Vergil's gameplay to be honest.