DmC Combo videos

#41jayganautPosted 2/23/2013 4:09:01 PM
Jeff1015 posted...
jayganaut posted...
Jeff1015 posted...

Now i understand your first post better gamestar9999.

I'm not saying you guys shouldn't be upset about the change of gameplay, i'm just saying that arguments about the depth of gameplay would have more merit to them if more people actually spent time exploring and messing around with the mechanics.

do you see my point better now?

I'm struggling to follow you, are you saying the depth is there, it's just people haven't discovered it or that people can't judge a games depth until they've played it?

it's actually a mix of both.

With the previous DMC games, people can easily spend HOURS trying to make their combos more complex and after playing long enough, i assume they started to notice things like jump cancelling.

if they put in the same amount of time playing around with DmC as they did with the older DMC games then maybe they could find more depth in it.

One fine example of this is zero's video of him/her using Angel Dodge. It never accord to me that you can use that move in such a way.

Things like Jump Cancelling were found based on what the engine had to offer, the technique was there and known from the beginning except people didn't get advanced with chaining things together until hours of practice like you said. But it's not the discovery per say that takes long to find.

Based on the mechanics in combat DmC, while not the shallowist it is simply a shadow of what DMCs combat and depth has to offer which isn't a bad thing for a game but a great loss for the series. That's where people's distain comes from.
#42Jeff1015(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 4:33:56 PM
gamestar9999 posted...
Jeff1015 posted...
jayganaut posted...
gamestar9999 posted...

try this if you didnt like that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmbZeldcaWU

compair that with these DmC vids and tell me we didnt lose somthing great and dont have a reason to be upset.

Oh don't get me wrong I upload DMC4 vids myself, I agree it's a great shame. I just wanted to let people know.

I'm not saying you guys shouldn't be upset about the change of gameplay, i'm just saying that arguments about the depth of gameplay would have more merit to them if more people actually spent time exploring and messing around with the mechanics.

i understand what your trying to say and you seem like a cool and reasonable guy, but if you really do like the game and wanna have some discussions with other fans you might wanna try another site cause its not likely to happen here lol.

thanks but i don't like the sound of a forum where everyone agrees on EVERYTHING lol.

the reason why i stay around this board is because i find some of the more reasonable arguments about this game very interesting.

i actually learned a bit more about the importance of fps, public relations, and even a little bit of programming.

sometimes good things can come out of conflict
#43Jeff1015(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 5:12:37 PM
jayganaut posted...
Jeff1015 posted...
jayganaut posted...
Jeff1015 posted...

I'm struggling to follow you, are you saying the depth is there, it's just people haven't discovered it or that people can't judge a games depth until they've played it?

it's actually a mix of both.

With the previous DMC games, people can easily spend HOURS trying to make their combos more complex and after playing long enough, i assume they started to notice things like jump cancelling.

if they put in the same amount of time playing around with DmC as they did with the older DMC games then maybe they could find more depth in it.

One fine example of this is zero's video of him/her using Angel Dodge. It never accord to me that you can use that move in such a way.

Things like Jump Cancelling were found based on what the engine had to offer, the technique was there and known from the beginning except people didn't get advanced with chaining things together until hours of practice like you said. But it's not the discovery per say that takes long to find.

Based on the mechanics in combat DmC, while not the shallowist it is simply a shadow of what DMCs combat and depth has to offer which isn't a bad thing for a game but a great loss for the series. That's where people's distain comes from.

i understand where your coming from.

but all i'm saying is that people have less credibility if they base their opinions only on observations and not experience.
#44RetsuxDPosted 2/23/2013 5:24:34 PM
So, just yesterday I found out there was a TST 5 coming.
/slowpoke
#45Jeff1015(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 5:36:28 PM
RetsuxD posted...
/slowpoke

which means?
#46RetsuxDPosted 2/23/2013 5:38:04 PM
Jeff1015 posted...
RetsuxD posted...
/slowpoke

which means?

TrueStyle Tournament, 5th edition.