In the end Capcom...was it worth it?

#1360pagesPosted 2/23/2013 9:11:31 PM
Was it worth you losing all of your fanbase for casuals that didn't even want the game in the first place.

Was it worth dragging your name through the mud even more than it ever was?

Was it worth the PR nightmare and making a game that is the laughing stock of this Fan base hack and slash only being out laughed by NG3

Was it worth it?
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#2Dark_EpathyPosted 2/23/2013 9:32:14 PM
It's time to let it go.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#3ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/23/2013 9:40:04 PM(edited)
DMC4 broke all the sales accolades that DmC didn't make at all even on launch day. That's proof enough a reboot wasn't necessary from a business standpoint.

I wonder who is going to pick up the tab for all that expensive mocap Ninja Theory invested in? Probably half the cash Capcom paid them to start DmC XD

Anyways this project should never have gotten greenlit in my opinion, I knew from day one the hate and high reviews wasn't going to make them a critical hit.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#4darkslayer001Posted 2/23/2013 9:44:53 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
DMC4 broke all the sales accolades that DmC didn't make at all even on launch day. That's proof enough a reboot wasn't necessary from a business standpoint.

I wonder who is going to pick up the tab for all that expensive mocap Ninja Theory invested in? Probably half the cash Capcom paid them to start DmC XD

Anyways this project should never have gotten greenlit in my opinion, I knew from day one the hate and high reviews wasn't going to make them a critical hit.

the worst part is that there is more console systems out today than 5yrs ago and also the fact that DMC HD collection has more total sales than DmC.
#5ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/23/2013 9:49:17 PM
the worst part is that there is more console systems out today than 5yrs ago and also the fact that DMC HD collection has more total sales than DmC.

I think the worse part is Capcom's suckage this generation in total. They better make some kind of quantum leap in quality for the next generation otherwise it'll be the same lackluster s*** that will probably get blamed on the fans for not selling well at all.

Great to hear DMC HD outsold this steaming hot turd.
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#6NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/23/2013 9:50:48 PM
The fact that Capcom is once again blaming the fans really says that Capcom has not learned their lesson at all. And this is not to bash the game. But here's the thing. If Capcom treats the original DMC fan base like this, what's to stop them from treating the new DmC fan base in the same manner one day?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#7ZeroX91Posted 2/23/2013 9:54:30 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
It's time to let it go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSGq0A9erNg
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#8darkslayer001Posted 2/23/2013 9:57:23 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...

I think the worse part is Capcom's suckage this generation in total. They better make some kind of quantum leap in quality for the next generation otherwise it'll be the same lackluster s*** that will probably get blamed on the fans for not selling well at all.

Great to hear DMC HD outsold this steaming hot turd.

honeslty i think bringing new IPs wont help capcom get that "quantum leap", since most of their new IPs dont make that much dough. They have to service the fans at one point to gain back their once lost momentum.
#9SMT_MasochistPosted 2/23/2013 11:21:41 PM
Capcom and Konami are still my go to developers but its getting iffy for Capcom. They are westernizing their games too much (DMC and RE) and are following popular trends which don't work out for their IPs.

I thought they did good with RE:R then 6 came out. DMC4 put them back on the right track (though a step behind 3) and they did a reboot. It's not bad but it's not as good. I hate to say it but at least junk like CoD and Madden maintains the status quo and doesn't deviate much from a winning formula even though their improvements are minimal at best.

They need to stop outsourcing and keep their games as eastern as possible.
---
Games: Ragnarok, FotNS 2, Fire Emblem
PS3/Vita/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#10RayconPosted 2/23/2013 11:23:57 PM
360pages posted...
Was it worth you losing all of your fanbase for casuals that didn't even want the game in the first place.

Was it worth dragging your name through the mud even more than it ever was?

Was it worth the PR nightmare and making a game that is the laughing stock of this Fan base hack and slash only being out laughed by NG3

Was it worth it?

Not to mention the next game, whatever it turns out to be, will likely be tarnished by this game, in the same way DMC3's success was initially stilted by DMC2's, erm, departure... >_>
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja