In the end Capcom...was it worth it?

#215hadowsPosted 2/24/2013 9:15:44 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
- Capcom releases the same game again

C'MON CAPCOM REHASHING YOUR GAME? WHY CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING NEW FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFETIME? SHEESH.

- Capcom tries something new

C'MON CAPCOM WAS IT WORTH IT? ALL WE WANTED WAS THE SAME GAME WITH MINOR UPGRADES THANKS A LOT FOR RUINING EVERYTHING

Lol @ trolls not getting that change itself isn't bad, but taking 10 steps back is.

So changing the hair color to white and making the gameplay better is "10 steps back" now? Ok then...

Except no one even once complained about them rehashing their game, dmc2 was just pretty bad it wasn't about rehashing the game.

If you think DmC has superior gameplay to DMC4 I suggest you stick to playing your dinasty warrior games.
---
Ill add something here later....
#22pyro_buntaPosted 2/24/2013 9:32:41 AM
Hey, Dynasty Warriors was fun.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#23Dark_EpathyPosted 2/24/2013 9:49:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSGq0A9erNg

Maybe I'm the one who has to let it go.

http://youtu.be/u63Eq9_9Iik
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#24juliomon7Posted 2/24/2013 2:08:10 PM
5hadows posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
- Capcom releases the same game again

C'MON CAPCOM REHASHING YOUR GAME? WHY CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING NEW FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFETIME? SHEESH.

- Capcom tries something new

C'MON CAPCOM WAS IT WORTH IT? ALL WE WANTED WAS THE SAME GAME WITH MINOR UPGRADES THANKS A LOT FOR RUINING EVERYTHING

Lol @ trolls not getting that change itself isn't bad, but taking 10 steps back is.

So changing the hair color to white and making the gameplay better is "10 steps back" now? Ok then...

Except no one even once complained about them rehashing their game, dmc2 was just pretty bad it wasn't about rehashing the game.

If you think DmC has superior gameplay to DMC4 I suggest you stick to playing your dinasty warrior games.

Rehashing games while polishing them is never a bad thing. It worked with megaman, it works with warriors game, heck for some reason is working with COD. The gameplay of DMC4 was going on the right direction, it just needed a little polishing and that way all the focus can be moved towards making a cool story.

Why not moved forward with DMC instead of stepping back all the way to zero with DmC?
---
The gaming industry is continuously going down in both quantity and quality. This makes me feel sad.
#25Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 2/24/2013 2:20:35 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
DMC4 broke all the sales accolades that DmC didn't make at all even on launch day. That's proof enough a reboot wasn't necessary from a business standpoint.

I wonder who is going to pick up the tab for all that expensive mocap Ninja Theory invested in? Probably half the cash Capcom paid them to start DmC XD

Anyways this project should never have gotten greenlit in my opinion, I knew from day one the hate and high reviews wasn't going to make them a critical hit.

LoL. Another "Mo-cap cost more than ALL DMC games combined!!!" comment. Hardly. There's about 2 hours of scenes with 4 people. Mo-cap is actually cost effective and efficient.

Add the fact that Capcom outsourced the entire game to cut costs and the extent of their marketing consisted of using pressed haters for free promo. DmC would have gone completely under the radar had it not been for the hate. With all that, DmC likely had one of the lowest budgets of all DMC games.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#26Dominus_1Posted 2/24/2013 2:27:07 PM
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
DMC4 broke all the sales accolades that DmC didn't make at all even on launch day. That's proof enough a reboot wasn't necessary from a business standpoint.

I wonder who is going to pick up the tab for all that expensive mocap Ninja Theory invested in? Probably half the cash Capcom paid them to start DmC XD

Anyways this project should never have gotten greenlit in my opinion, I knew from day one the hate and high reviews wasn't going to make them a critical hit.

LoL. Another "Mo-cap cost more than ALL DMC games combined!!!" comment. Hardly. There's about 2 hours of scenes with 4 people. Mo-cap is actually cost effective and efficient.

Add the fact that Capcom outsourced the entire game to cut costs and the extent of their marketing consisted of using pressed haters for free promo. DmC would have gone completely under the radar had it not been for the hate. With all that, DmC likely had one of the lowest budgets of all DMC games.

The Mo-cap studio wasn't just some average Mo cap studio, it was the people that Avatar hired to do mo-cap so it probably cost a lot. Let alone the costs of flying out people from Japan to constantly oversee the develop of the game, ~3 years of development, giving out free 10 dollar dlc with preorders. Not to mention they paid a company to develop a CG trailer that was shown in theaters for the game. I think somewhere they mention the avertising budget was around or slightly less than DMC4 but they never specifically mention how much it was.