I didn't understand how people honestly thought DMC was better than later games

#1syctheweilderPosted 2/24/2013 12:11:37 AM
Then I actually played it. Design fundamentals win the day again. Even with the more primitive combat system and limited moveset, I am having an absolute blast slicing up enemies and blasting them with my shotgun. Thanks to the enclosed areas it's not such a chore keeping my flow going (though the style meter would disagree with me).

I think If i could somehow play a game with these design sensibilities, DMC4's Dante and a good camera I would be in total bliss.
#2pokefan35Posted 2/24/2013 12:13:16 AM
Actually the game is super choppy, the framerate is cut in half, the latency and the button queuing is horrible. If you liked older DMC games, you won't like this DmC game (please refrain from putting DmC with a capital M, it confuses it with good games)
#3ramzariotPosted 2/24/2013 12:15:59 AM
I believe he is talking about the original Devil may cry.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#4syctheweilder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 12:17:02 AM(edited)
pokefan35 posted...
please refrain from putting DmC with a capital M, it confuses it with good games.

I didn't. I'm talking about DMC. The first game in the series.
#5pokefan35Posted 2/24/2013 12:18:14 AM
Apologies.
#6KyryloPosted 2/24/2013 12:18:28 AM
syctheweilder posted...
Then I actually played it. Design fundamentals win the day again. Even with the more primitive combat system and limited moveset, I am having an absolute blast slicing up enemies and blasting them with my shotgun. Thanks to the enclosed areas it's not such a chore keeping my flow going (though the style meter would disagree with me).

I think If i could somehow play a game with these design sensibilities, DMC4's Dante and a good camera I would be in total bliss.

it has one thing none of the older games retained: enemy AI. you'll never see cannon fodder so diverse in any of the latter games in their acting:D
#7SilentS89Posted 2/24/2013 12:18:46 AM
pokefan35 posted...
Apologies.

It was an understandable misunderstanding IMO.
#8KaptainK00lPosted 2/24/2013 12:34:48 AM
I do not think this, they are fairly different.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#9RayconPosted 2/24/2013 12:38:54 AM
I replayed DMC1 recently as well. The game was a load of fun once I got the hang of it (and realized that Devil Trigger charges crazy fast in this game). Towards the end it gets legitimately extreme in it's difficulty, but even with it's limited moveset it's great fun. The game flows extremely well; even the backtracking sections have something new about them to keep them fresh and exciting.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#10rice_noodlesPosted 2/24/2013 12:39:31 AM
Enemies weren't figurative and literal sandbags with legs in DMC1.