Capcom makes next DMC game, but it's DmC2. Your reaction?

#111Solblade44Posted 2/24/2013 7:44:12 PM
Have fun losing money!

Oh wait, you want my money? Too late! Already mailed my wallet to Atlus. Next on the list: Lab Zero, Spike Chunsoft, and Vanillaware.
---
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd272/Solblade44/SSBB/Sol44.jpg
GT: Solblade44
#112KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/24/2013 7:47:06 PM
My reaction?

Set up a chair and watch the next one flop harder. It'd make for some good entertainment.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#113darkslayer001Posted 2/24/2013 7:51:10 PM
Deathsword00 posted...
pokefan35 posted...
DmC changed to fit a market that didn't exist, and it will change back. DMC4 Did well enough. DmC: Devil May Cry did not do well enough, and the backlash is too big. It's how things work in reality, bub. (Let's keep saying this, bub, because bub, it was so effective the first time, bub).

I would be flat out shocked if that were to happen. DmC doing poorly sales-wise will indicate that the franchise is no longer viable, even if that's not 100% true, and they will just can it for the foreseeable future.

pokefan35 posted...
I think I am done here though, you don't really seem to be adding anything other than like a pseudo-psychologist perspective on how fans should react to retconning and ridiculous characters being superimposed on the material they enjoyed.

All I'm saying is it's not good to get invested to the point where you feel like something you love is being "slaughtered" if isn't isn't exactly what you want. Maybe that's not actually how you feel and you're just using strong language to feel "large and in charge" and I really hope you are because the alternative is worrying.

Have a good one, been nice talking to you :)

I dont think you understand why DmC failed. Allow me to educate, it failed not because the franchise wasn't viable, it is because 2 million fans decided to not buy it. Nor does it indicate that the genre is weak. games like god of war and MGR will keep it running.
Also the HD collection beating out this game further indicates that DMC5, if released, will sell.
Now about Capcom canning it is entirely possible, but that would obviously be a dumb move. I wouldn't be surprised if DmC 2 is released, it would be quite funny witnessing Capcom's downward spiral.
#114darkslayer001Posted 2/24/2013 7:53:20 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
how do you know capcom won't screw things up? they've ruined SFXT, RE6, MVC3, SF4, etc.

That's just pessimism, though. DmC didn't change genres--it only changed the coat of paint. It's still an action game with an emphasis on switching out weapons and performing combos.

If Capcom developed the sequel, it'd probably be on the level of DMC3, if not better, considering all the feedback and experience DMC4 and DmC have provided. People would still be angry that it's not the original Dante or Vergil they'd be playing with, but the gameplay would be top-notch.

And, while I can't speak much in regards to fighting games, isn't much of the hoopla having to do with DLC? Capcom still makes quality games. They'll continue to do so.

I think you give too much credit to Capcom if you expect them to change DmC and bring it to DMC3 levels. If NT is not working on the game, then the story and dialogue could be salvaged.
#115ZeroX07Posted 2/24/2013 7:54:19 PM
Its fine. Itjust means that i will have more money when i retire. Thanks capcom. I may buy dmc5 in 40 something years when im 67. Thats the retirement age? Right? Best stage in life. Sitting playing games and waiting for death!
#116SpecterVonBarenPosted 2/24/2013 9:45:12 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...
how do you know capcom won't screw things up? they've ruined SFXT, RE6, MVC3, SF4, etc.

That's just pessimism, though. DmC didn't change genres--it only changed the coat of paint. It's still an action game with an emphasis on switching out weapons and performing combos.

If Capcom developed the sequel, it'd probably be on the level of DMC3, if not better, considering all the feedback and experience DMC4 and DmC have provided. People would still be angry that it's not the original Dante or Vergil they'd be playing with, but the gameplay would be top-notch.

And, while I can't speak much in regards to fighting games, isn't much of the hoopla having to do with DLC? Capcom still makes quality games. They'll continue to do so.

I think you give too much credit to Capcom if you expect them to change DmC and bring it to DMC3 levels. If NT is not working on the game, then the story and dialogue could be salvaged.

I still don't understand where anyone got the idea that Ninja Theory was good at story. Did anyone at Capcom play Heavenly Sword and see the utterly baffling tone schism between the protagonists and the antagonists? "We want this to be a serious story actors, so take these events seriously so people see the depth of your character." Turns to the actors playing the villains, "Ham it up for all you're worth!!" It's like watching Michael Sheen in the last Twilight movie, it's goofy and fun to watch but that doesn't make it good writing.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.