Lol Funny.

#21StrelokPosted 2/24/2013 3:49:33 PM
fourthehellofit posted...
Alastor6 posted...
you've made one large oversight; Bayonetta and Vanquish were both new IPs and aimed at a predominantly Japanese market. Vanquish and Beyonetta were both well received by critics, with the latter gaining a substantial fanbase.

DmC, being the 5th entry in a long-established franchise has no real excuse to flop so badly.

That's true, but its not a part of the original four so it doesn't need to be brought up. That may be the reason it flopped because all of the true fans felt betrayed. Had it been good o'l Dante, and from Capcom it would have sold like crazy close to 3 million or 4 easily.

Wrong, we'd still have issues with the story, glitches, gameplay regression and being constantly insulted.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#22sundet84(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 5:48:34 AM
Strelok posted...
Alastor6 posted...
you've made one large oversight; Bayonetta and Vanquish were both new IPs and aimed at a predominantly Japanese market. Vanquish and Beyonetta were both well received by critics, with the latter gaining a substantial fanbase.

DmC, being the 5th entry in a long-established franchise has no real excuse to flop so badly.

That's true, but its not a part of the original four so it doesn't need to be brought up. That may be the reason it flopped because all of the true fans felt betrayed. Had it been good o'l Dante, and from Capcom it would have sold like crazy close to 3 million or 4 easily.

Wrong, we'd still have issues with the story, glitches, gameplay regression and being constantly insulted.

???. Did you read the poast before you answered. Because it dosen`t sound right.
#23TMG2186Posted 2/25/2013 7:32:20 AM
You guys are all seriously butthurt. This game wasn't "well received" by critics was it not?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dmc-devil-may-cry

86 on metacritic is quite a high score. And this is a good game, unless you're needlessly clingy to previous games in the other similarly titled series.

But the original post in here is correct. Poor sales do not equal a bad game in the same way that high sales do not equal a good or great game.
---
PSN: chocob0-0f-doom
#24KyryloPosted 2/25/2013 7:35:23 AM
sundet84 posted...
Ok DmC flopped. But one funny thing is that Vanquish and Bayonetta also flopped. There was plans fore Vanquish 2 but the game sold so bad so they canceled it. Bayonetta also has bad sales. That`s why Bayo 2 is Nintendo only. If Nintendo didn`t support for bayo 2. They couldn`t afforded it because Bayo 1 had bad sales..... Hm now that i think about it why is DmC a bad game because of bad sales. That would mean that Bayo and Vanquish are bad games to.

news flash! it's not that they are flopped. it's that Sega flopped. They wanted to make games that 100% give them money...now look at Aliens...lolz.
#25TMG2186Posted 2/25/2013 7:36:00 AM
When I say "all", I mean the haters and the one guy in particular who was implying that this game has poor reviews.
---
PSN: chocob0-0f-doom
#26pyro_buntaPosted 2/25/2013 8:02:20 AM
TMG2186 posted...
You guys are all seriously butthurt. This game wasn't "well received" by critics was it not?

86 on metacritic is quite a high score. And this is a good game, unless you're needlessly clingy to previous games in the other similarly titled series.

But the original post in here is correct. Poor sales do not equal a bad game in the same way that high sales do not equal a good or great game.

Tameem pls

sundet84 posted...
Ok DmC flopped. But one funny thing is that Vanquish and Bayonetta also flopped. There was plans fore Vanquish 2 but the game sold so bad so they canceled it. Bayonetta also has bad sales. That`s why Bayo 2 is Nintendo only. If Nintendo didn`t support for bayo 2. They couldn`t afforded it because Bayo 1 had bad sales..... Hm now that i think about it why is DmC a bad game because of bad sales. That would mean that Bayo and Vanquish are bad games to.

DmC isn't a bad game a lot of ppl just don't like the Tameem guy so they hate his product. DmC is a 8.5 solid no more no less. Sales do play a factor, but doesn't ultimately make it a bad game. Yea all 3 flopped though I feel bad for bayonetta because Im such a fan of Kamiya the MAN is a genius.

Capcom pls
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#27RasutoSSAikouPosted 2/25/2013 8:30:16 AM
But game sales don't mean a game is good or bad, or better than the other (unless it's DMC4 vs DmC). Remember that, TC.

"Game sales don't mean a game is good or bad, except for when it means a game is good or bad."
---
Do you play Dragon's Dogma? Try out my pawn, she'll take care of you! Name: Ehcin
Xbox GT/PSN- Ssur Trebor
#28PhantomLifePosted 2/25/2013 8:34:12 AM
TMG2186 posted...

My friend, you can compress and summarize the truth but these people won't listen, read, nor understand it. All they know is that they have to stay "anti" or "pro" because that's what their reputation labels them as.

I already know my ****. These clowns don't.
#29DuuuDe14Posted 2/25/2013 8:39:07 AM
Since when have reviews mattered?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#30rockman11_zPosted 2/25/2013 8:54:57 AM
Listen, DmC flopped. It's funny, I know.

You can draw other games to compare but it does not change the fact DmC flopped. It bombed. It failed.

DmC do the flop!!! *flop*
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)