If you absolutely HAD to choose, which would you pick?

#31NeoTStylePosted 2/26/2013 9:31:07 AM
I...it's so hard to choose... ;_;

I chose DMC5 though, because even if the gameplay would be kinda mediocre, at least the story and characters would be great and the music as well.
#32NeoTStylePosted 2/26/2013 9:31:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33Sticky_DerpPosted 2/26/2013 9:40:24 AM
Playing DMC for the plot?
Excuse my lols TC.

lololololololololol
---
Fox news get's a pass because they have to go against reality's liberal bias. - SilentS89
#34Gray_AreasPosted 2/26/2013 9:49:59 AM
DMC5. I'm ok the new gameplay (as in I don't love it or hate it), but I much preferred the old DMC universe. So many questions left unanswered!
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#35dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 9:59:55 AM
Sticky_Derp posted...
Excuse my lols TC.

lololololololololol

Not really, more like I can't stand the plot holes not being cleared up. To me the gameplay direction they take doesn't matter, since I can enjoy anything either way (I had fun playing DMC2) so the only thing left for me to worry about is the plot.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#36sillycatstevenPosted 2/26/2013 8:09:54 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
Sticky_Derp posted...
Excuse my lols TC.

lololololololololol

Not really, more like I can't stand the plot holes not being cleared up. To me the gameplay direction they take doesn't matter, since I can enjoy anything either way (I had fun playing DMC2) so the only thing left for me to worry about is the plot.

and i would like to add that choosing DmC gameplay with DMC plot doesn't necessaryly mean we are choosing to play DMC for the plot. it means that the DmC plot and writing was so bad that it would take more enjoyment out of the game then playing DmC game play. in another words, to me, the writing in DmC was so bad that it'll drain a lot of enjoyment i would received from DMC game play. i can tolerate DmC game play, but i can't tolerate DmC writing.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#37Dark_EpathyPosted 2/26/2013 8:14:18 PM
I'm interested in seeing more of the DmC universe, so I'd pick DmC2, regardless.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#38lnoscopedJFKPosted 2/26/2013 9:16:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39lnoscopedJFKPosted 2/26/2013 9:17:55 PM
Hm, DmC2's winning, and most people on this board are antis so I'd have to believe there are a fair amount voting for that.
#40KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/26/2013 9:23:11 PM
lnoscopedJFK posted...
Hm, DmC2's winning, and most people on this board are antis so I'd have to believe there are a fair amount voting for that.

I'm an anti and in this case, yeah I voted for it.

At the end of the day, combat is most important. Ruining the old DMC with DmC's combat engine would be awful. Giving DmC DMC3/4's combat would certainly be an improvement, so in this situation I would have to pick DmC2 with DMC4's combat.

Of course, DMC5 with DMC4 combat (improved of course) would be my first choice, but it's not in the poll.

This poll is basically a "Which is better, Big Riggs or Superman 64" for me. I wouldn't actually like either one, but I chose the one that would be the least awful.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]