Why does Dante always seem to hate his father?

#1DarkRay117Posted 2/24/2013 5:07:20 PM(edited)
In DMC 3 he states he has no father, in the reboot DmC he seems to care more about his mother and have an attitude towards his father when he sees Sparda's portrait and learns more about him.

I understand he's a momma's boy but still.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 2/24/2013 5:07:23 PM
I think it has something to do with Vorgel's sizeable phallus.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3Malus_X6Posted 2/24/2013 5:10:16 PM
In DMC 3, I figure he resented his father for many things, including (indirectly) leading to Eva's death and the separation of the twins.

As for DmC, as Spanky Ham would say condescendingly toward a Chinese kid that works at a sweat shop, "Me no care-y."
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#4produnerPosted 2/24/2013 5:11:03 PM
I don't know about DmC because Donte is a character with bunch of inconsistent personalities, but in DMC3, he denies his demon legacy and his father's role but later he starts to acknowledge it after lady started explaining what family is to her, and after realizing what his father did by sealing the hell gate.
#5VaruneyPosted 2/24/2013 5:15:50 PM
He's too edgey for his father.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#6Malus_X6Posted 2/24/2013 5:16:52 PM

God, imagine if it was like that for Luke Skywalker...
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#7RetsuxDPosted 2/24/2013 5:23:52 PM
By DMC3 he accepts he is the son of Sparda anyway.

Donte, on the other hand is YOOMENIDY'S PROTECTAH.

Vorgil seems to be the only one to rip off his DMC3 counterpart, but with a more RADICAL and REALISTIC haircut.
#8VaruneyPosted 2/24/2013 5:30:28 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

God, imagine if it was like that for Luke Skywalker...

Vader'd be PISSED and be like "Don't speak, just die".
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#9Dark_EpathyPosted 2/24/2013 5:45:55 PM
Dante expresses no malice towards Sparda in DmC. He doesn't even remember who his father is during those initial few missions.

Dante in DMC3 is bitter over the attack on his family when he was a child. Sparda is indirectly responsible for it, and, for whatever reason (He was dead?), he didn't protect them.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#10RetsuxDPosted 2/24/2013 5:47:32 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Dante expresses no malice towards Sparda in DmC. He doesn't even remember who his father is during those initial few missions.

Dante in DMC3 is bitter over the attack on his family when he was a child. Sparda is indirectly responsible for it, and, for whatever reason (He was dead?), he didn't protect them.

Probably died due to a stupid reason(old age) and Dante's reaction was more like: "Why the hell did you had to die?".

Childish, but then again, he's 17 in DMC3.