Spoliers:Vergil Downfall Boss

#11sillycatstevenPosted 2/25/2013 2:14:22 AM
rice_noodles posted...
Well the whole "we want a western way of story telling and explain Dante's hair color" thing ended up being the same as the thing with the stripes on Ichigo's hollow mask.

seriously tho, is there a deeper reason to Dante's hair turning white other than "because he DT too much and released his true powers"??
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#12Pesmerga255Posted 2/25/2013 9:33:44 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
rice_noodles posted...
Well the whole "we want a western way of story telling and explain Dante's hair color" thing ended up being the same as the thing with the stripes on Ichigo's hollow mask.

seriously tho, is there a deeper reason to Dante's hair turning white other than "because he DT too much and released his true powers"??

DT makes him lose his humanity according to shatterstar.

It's funny because Donte is 0% human in DmC.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#13caffiend7Posted 2/25/2013 11:28:15 AM
hello lawsuit
#14-BrokenSpiral-Posted 2/25/2013 12:12:15 PM
Being called "Hollow Vergil" by itself isn't bad if you realise what the definition of "hollow" is. (Seriously, it's stupid how people think "hollow" belongs to Bleach and something copies it because they describe something as being hollow) It actually describes Vergil's character during it. However, Hollow Vergil's color scheme along with why Vergil's fighting it screams out Bleach's Ichigo vs Hollow Ichigo, and "Hollow Vergil" doesn't help.

In short, "Hollow Vergil" isn't a reference to Bleach. But everything surrounding the fight coupled with the name makes it awfully suspicious.
#15MoreFunThanTVPosted 2/25/2013 12:54:54 PM
Haven't watched Bleach in years (and even then I only saw like half of the first season) so my first thought was actually Dark Souls more than Bleach lol.

Looking up Hollow Ichigo though I can definitely see how Bleach fans could draw the comparison.

I agree with PArasiteofEVolution they should have just made the guy Nelo Angelo but I s'pose doing more work than just yet another palette swap and slight model changes was out of there league lol.

Hell to be fair I don't even know what the crap happened in VD...
Was Vergil just at the grave looking place the whole time and the hell like places were just in his mind? And why exactly did he go all mental anyway? Because Dante roughed him up alittle in one fight and disagreed with him? That seems kinda lame and it'd probably lead to some really lame dialogue in the next game "Brother you beat me in a fight and betrayed me by not wanting to conquer the world WAH! I'm gonna be evil and get my revenge now!"

Considering how Dante's a broke ass chump if Vergil started attempting to take over the world I can't really see him doing much about it anyway. By the time Dante gets where he's at with his coach class ticket delayed a million times due to demons Vergil will have already used his personal jet to get to the next country lol.
#16NightmareGammaPosted 2/25/2013 12:58:44 PM
zhaoyun99 posted...
TBH, HI's Laugh and sadistic nature made him a more interesting character than Ichigo himself. Seriously, NT expected us to not watch Bleach? That Hollow Vorgil was so freaking poor executed.

at least, the battle against him was better than the final Boss Battle with Dante. Also, I really liked the reference to nelo Angelo thy made in the battle with him =)
---
#17rice_noodlesPosted 2/25/2013 5:06:08 PM
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
Being called "Hollow Vergil" by itself isn't bad if you realise what the definition of "hollow" is. (Seriously, it's stupid how people think "hollow" belongs to Bleach and something copies it because they describe something as being hollow) It actually describes Vergil's character during it. However, Hollow Vergil's color scheme along with why Vergil's fighting it screams out Bleach's Ichigo vs Hollow Ichigo, and "Hollow Vergil" doesn't help.

In short, "Hollow Vergil" isn't a reference to Bleach. But everything surrounding the fight coupled with the name makes it awfully suspicious.

Them fighting in Hueco Mundo doesn't help either.
#18D_RevolutionPosted 2/25/2013 5:16:13 PM
rice_noodles posted...
-BrokenSpiral- posted...

Them fighting in Hueco Mundo doesn't help either.

lol...."Hollow World"
---
Media Student, so I do not have too much time for vidya games anymore.
PSN: SOUL-Revolution