DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?

#1pokefan35Posted 2/25/2013 12:02:58 AM
I just want to get the general consensus here, so I'll start with my own opinion:

Don't take the reviews about this game seriously. If you look at the scores and fan backlash, you will see things do not add up. This game is a downgrade from DMC4, we should have seen gameplay improvements. Instead this game transitioned from DMC4 by:

- Lowering the framerate
- Adding input latency (buttons hit =/= move executed)
- Emo characters (they turned fun, into serious - in a setting that makes fun of itself by default, it ends up feeling like a bad episode of Supernatural) Not to mention the "creator" was so conceited he made the main character LOOK like himself.
-Day 1 DLC that got turned into months later DLC, that should have been included in the game from the start.

My conclusion:

- Don't buy this game, and don't support the bad DLC practices
- Buy the DMC HD package instead, it's better quality and made with love and care.
- Show Capcom that we want gameplay improvements - not insane character swaps and WORSE gameplay.
#2FireMage7777Posted 2/25/2013 12:07:34 AM
No
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#3Orange00Posted 2/25/2013 12:11:47 AM
To anyone thinking is this game worth buying:

make your own mind! See gameplay videos and play the demo. Rent it if you're still unsure. Don't listen to all butthurt fanboys hanging around these boards. Their head is too deep for them to see what this game IS, instead they only see what DmC ISN'T.

these guys are obviously very desperate and everyone would be better not to be associated with them.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#4KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/25/2013 12:15:32 AM
Orange00 posted...
To anyone thinking is this game worth buying:

make your own mind! See gameplay videos and play the demo. Rent it if you're still unsure. Don't listen to all butthurt fanboys hanging around these boards. Their head is too deep for them to see what this game IS, instead they only see what DmC ISN'T.

these guys are obviously very desperate and everyone would be better not to be associated with them.

Why would we be desperate? The game already flopped.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#5KaptainK00lPosted 2/25/2013 12:21:23 AM
pokefan35 posted...

- Emo characters (they turned fun, into serious - in a setting that makes fun of itself by default, it ends up feeling like a bad episode of Supernatural) Not to mention the "creator" was so conceited he made the main character LOOK like himself.

Wat
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#6Orange00Posted 2/25/2013 12:21:46 AM
kamehame, beats me. This game flopped. I'm sure capcom sees this as well. Yet topics like this arise.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#7KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/25/2013 12:23:57 AM
Orange00 posted...
kamehame, beats me. This game flopped. I'm sure capcom sees this as well. Yet topics like this arise.

Meh, people are bored. Now that DmC flopped, the fun is over. People are still trying to stir up trouble, but no one cares anymore... at least until Capcom makes an announcement.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#8sillycatstevenPosted 2/25/2013 12:26:06 AM
rent it. that's what i did.
finished up to Nephilim and SoS in approx 20+ hours. took me this long because i found all tormented souls and finish all bonus missions.
it's not worth the full price or even half price....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#9AlexxShadenk777Posted 2/25/2013 12:29:08 AM
As cheap as possible, yes.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#10SilentS89Posted 2/25/2013 12:31:17 AM
Thinking of buying DmC?

Watch a "let's play" of it on youtube instead.