DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?

#21PhantomLifePosted 2/25/2013 3:00:37 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
PhantomLife posted...
20+ hours of gameplay through 2 difficulties when there's multiple, Bloody Palace, extra costumes, super Dante, 6 difficulties with different enemy patterns for campaign so you won't know what you're going to get in the new campaign you start, and Vergil's Downfall are enough to warrant a $60 pricetag. I mean, if you wouldn't pay $60 dollars for DmC then you most certainly wouldn't pay it for DMC 4 nor Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Also, Metal gear has the same kind of upgrades as DmC. So there's no argument there and honestly, you haven't said anything that warrants an argument..

lol... 50 hours of mostly recycled stuff... yep, really worth $60
DMC4 on the other hand probably couldn't be fully completed within 100 hours.

btw, i thought there are only 5 main difficulty modes in DmC: Devil may cry, SoS, DMD, heaven & hell, hell & hell. Human, Demon Hunter and Nephilim are actually indented as subcategories to Devil may cry.

Then don't buy a Fighting game! Oh no sir ree Bob.
#22sillycatstevenPosted 2/25/2013 3:08:11 AM
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...

I disagree

okay... but dare i ask why??
have you completed everything in DMC4 in less than 100 hours?
all i know is i've played 40+ hours and i'd only finished normal, half of hard mode and half of BP....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#23sillycatstevenPosted 2/25/2013 3:13:22 AM
PhantomLife posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
PhantomLife posted...
20+ hours of gameplay through 2 difficulties when there's multiple, Bloody Palace, extra costumes, super Dante, 6 difficulties with different enemy patterns for campaign so you won't know what you're going to get in the new campaign you start, and Vergil's Downfall are enough to warrant a $60 pricetag. I mean, if you wouldn't pay $60 dollars for DmC then you most certainly wouldn't pay it for DMC 4 nor Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Also, Metal gear has the same kind of upgrades as DmC. So there's no argument there and honestly, you haven't said anything that warrants an argument..

lol... 50 hours of mostly recycled stuff... yep, really worth $60

btw, i thought there are only 5 main difficulty modes in DmC: Devil may cry, SoS, DMD, heaven & hell, hell & hell. Human, Demon Hunter and Nephilim are actually indented as subcategories to Devil may cry.

Then don't buy a Fighting game! Oh no sir ree Bob.

lol, maybe you wouldn't notice, but there's a difference between fighting AI and humans. fighting games are also a lot more difficult than DmC and have more combos....
---
#24ShiningBladerPosted 2/25/2013 3:14:27 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...

I disagree

all i know is i've played 40+ hours and i'd only finished normal, half of hard mode and half of BP....

remember doing everything in less than 60 hours

Everything else was just trying to get a SSS ranking on everything and getting bigger scores for the leaderboards (got to the 27th place worldwide in DMD difficulty)
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#25sillycatstevenPosted 2/25/2013 3:26:20 AM
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...

I disagree

Everything else was just trying to get a SSS ranking on everything and getting bigger scores for the leaderboards (got to the 27th place worldwide in DMD difficulty)

... and in DmC you can SSS everything in less than 50 hours....
---
#26ShiningBladerPosted 2/25/2013 3:28:44 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...

I disagree

Didn't say the opposite but the point is: DMC4 doesn't take 100 hours to complete 100%
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#27sillycatstevenPosted 2/25/2013 4:32:15 AM(edited)
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...

Didn't say the opposite but the point is: DMC4 doesn't take 100 hours to complete 100%

right... i'm sorry. i didn't realize that "doing everything in DMC4" didn't include SSS everything, while "doing everything in DmC" did include SSS everything.

also, i'm going purely from my own experience and i'm sorry for my n00bly skills at DMC4.

EDIT: wait... you complete DMC4 in less than 60 hours and got 27th place worldwide in DMD difficulty, but you couldn't figure out how to charge guns while doing combos in DmC?!
---
#28IamthekuzalolPosted 2/25/2013 5:48:40 AM
DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?

Short Answer: Nope.
#29ShiningBladerPosted 2/25/2013 7:36:59 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
right... i'm sorry. i didn't realize that "doing everything in DMC4" didn't include SSS everything, while "doing everything in DmC" did include SSS everything.

I suppose the other point was how much time you take to unlock everything

SSS ranking isn't a requirement per say but still everything shouldn't take more than 100 hours to do

What I spend a lot of time doing was replaying missions on DMD difficulty and completing the bloody palace to get bigger scores.

Which brings us to the next question...

EDIT: wait... you complete DMC4 in less than 60 hours and got 27th place worldwide in DMD difficulty, but you couldn't figure out how to charge guns while doing combos in DmC?!

Correction: I could do it with Nero, who I play with far better than dante (but again, Nero is a much more simple character to play with due to only having 1 gun, 1 sword and no styles. Also, devil grab was awesome)

in DmC your pull/lift button is also your shot button so I find it hard to do a charge shot with the shotting button assigned to the shoulder buttons of the controller (R2/R1/L2/R1) because I can't use the demon pull/angel lift properly with them

Hence why my question. The pros on youtube really make it seem easy

And you don't really need much skill to score high in the leaderboards. Is much more a matter of spending time to know how to crack the system per say. I played that game for 480 hours (saw the save file the other day...) and I still suck with DMC4 dante...
---
#30USFPosted 2/25/2013 8:26:53 AM
PhantomLife posted...

The critic reviews for DmC are correct. I'd give it about a 90.

A 90??? 90? You're either on drugs or you simply haven't actually played good games in your life. Not ones that actually deserve 8-9, hence the low standards. This game is 6.5 at best, that's being very generous.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.