DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?
3 years ago#31
USF posted...
PhantomLife posted...

The critic reviews for DmC are correct. I'd give it about a 90.

A 90??? 90? You're either on drugs or you simply haven't actually played good games in your life. Not ones that actually deserve 8-9, hence the low standards. This game is 6.5 at best, that's being very generous.

It is called an opinion, sir

I would give this game a 85

Does that means I have no standards or have not played "good" games?
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
3 years ago#32
It doesn't seem like there's a middle ground for this game's opponents. The trend I've noticed is that the game can only be "godawful" or "better than DMC3/4." At best, it's "mediocre."

Apart from the glitches and some isolated, juvenile lines of dialogue, there's not a whole lot wrong with the game itself. The lack of lock-on does not break the game. The move variety could be greater, but it's fine as it is. The story could be better developed, but what's there is okay.

Is there a lot of wasted potential? Yes. But the game as it is is not the trainwreck so many would like to believe. But if it's not transforming the genre, I guess it's a moot point.
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
3 years ago#33
ShiningBlader posted...
USF posted...
PhantomLife posted...

The critic reviews for DmC are correct. I'd give it about a 90.

A 90??? 90? You're either on drugs or you simply haven't actually played good games in your life. Not ones that actually deserve 8-9, hence the low standards. This game is 6.5 at best, that's being very generous.

It is called an opinion, sir

I would give this game a 85

Does that means I have no standards or have not played "good" games?

Just means you have awful taste. It's ok. Plenty of people like terrible things.
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
3 years ago#34
you should also put, buy Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence instead
3 years ago#35
FireMage7777 posted...
No
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
(message deleted)
3 years ago#37
Dark_Epathy posted...
It doesn't seem like there's a middle ground for this game's opponents. The trend I've noticed is that the game can only be "godawful" or "better than DMC3/4." At best, it's "mediocre."

Apart from the glitches and some isolated, juvenile lines of dialogue, there's not a whole lot wrong with the game itself. The lack of lock-on does not break the game. The move variety could be greater, but it's fine as it is. The story could be better developed, but what's there is okay.

Is there a lot of wasted potential? Yes. But the game as it is is not the trainwreck so many would like to believe. But if it's not transforming the genre, I guess it's a moot point.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Mediocre sounds like a fairly accurate assessment based on what you said. According to your post, this game has:

-Glitches
-Some bad dialog
-Passable gameplay
-An undeveloped story
-An overall package that does not advance the genre.

Definition of MEDIOCRE

of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid
3 years ago#38
They should pay people for playing this
3 years ago#39
Iamthekuzalol posted...
DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?

Short Answer: Nope.

Long Answer: Hell no.
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
3 years ago#40
Bad game if you ask me.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived