DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?

#31ShiningBladerPosted 2/25/2013 8:30:41 AM
USF posted...
PhantomLife posted...

The critic reviews for DmC are correct. I'd give it about a 90.

A 90??? 90? You're either on drugs or you simply haven't actually played good games in your life. Not ones that actually deserve 8-9, hence the low standards. This game is 6.5 at best, that's being very generous.

It is called an opinion, sir

I would give this game a 85

Does that means I have no standards or have not played "good" games?
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#32Dark_EpathyPosted 2/25/2013 10:06:08 AM
It doesn't seem like there's a middle ground for this game's opponents. The trend I've noticed is that the game can only be "godawful" or "better than DMC3/4." At best, it's "mediocre."

Apart from the glitches and some isolated, juvenile lines of dialogue, there's not a whole lot wrong with the game itself. The lack of lock-on does not break the game. The move variety could be greater, but it's fine as it is. The story could be better developed, but what's there is okay.

Is there a lot of wasted potential? Yes. But the game as it is is not the trainwreck so many would like to believe. But if it's not transforming the genre, I guess it's a moot point.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#33ChickenfrogmanPosted 2/25/2013 10:13:59 AM
ShiningBlader posted...
USF posted...
PhantomLife posted...

The critic reviews for DmC are correct. I'd give it about a 90.

A 90??? 90? You're either on drugs or you simply haven't actually played good games in your life. Not ones that actually deserve 8-9, hence the low standards. This game is 6.5 at best, that's being very generous.

It is called an opinion, sir

I would give this game a 85

Does that means I have no standards or have not played "good" games?

Just means you have awful taste. It's ok. Plenty of people like terrible things.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#34bigdom93Posted 2/25/2013 10:17:04 AM
you should also put, buy Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence instead
#35Pesmerga255Posted 2/25/2013 10:49:34 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
No

---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#36pokefan35(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 11:13:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#37Mr_SociopathPosted 2/25/2013 11:37:59 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
It doesn't seem like there's a middle ground for this game's opponents. The trend I've noticed is that the game can only be "godawful" or "better than DMC3/4." At best, it's "mediocre."

Apart from the glitches and some isolated, juvenile lines of dialogue, there's not a whole lot wrong with the game itself. The lack of lock-on does not break the game. The move variety could be greater, but it's fine as it is. The story could be better developed, but what's there is okay.

Is there a lot of wasted potential? Yes. But the game as it is is not the trainwreck so many would like to believe. But if it's not transforming the genre, I guess it's a moot point.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Mediocre sounds like a fairly accurate assessment based on what you said. According to your post, this game has:

-Glitches
-Some bad dialog
-Passable gameplay
-An undeveloped story
-An overall package that does not advance the genre.

Definition of MEDIOCRE

of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance

---
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid
#38ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/25/2013 12:16:24 PM
They should pay people for playing this
#39tehdudPosted 2/25/2013 12:20:58 PM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
DmC: Devil May Cry worth buying?

Short Answer: Nope.

Long Answer: Hell no.
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#40fesodesPosted 2/25/2013 12:40:48 PM
Bad game if you ask me.