How do you people...

#1ShiningBladerPosted 2/25/2013 1:11:42 AM
...charge the guns while performing a combo?

Using square makes this really hard, nearly impossible I should say

I can only charge the shotgun while executting something like the aerial roulette or the other spinning attack with osiris in mid-air, because those 2 attacks take more time to complete and gives me time to charge the shotgun once...

I once tried to change the shotting button to R1 because I felt I only needed demon dodge but I forgot about the demon grab/pull >.<

I remember doing this in DMC4 with nero because I changed the shotting button to R2 but I can't do it in this game

If I have to change that button, what do you suggest? Thank you in advance!
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#2FireMage7777Posted 2/25/2013 1:13:47 AM
ShiningBlader posted...
...charge the guns while performing a combo?

Using square makes this really hard, nearly impossible I should say

I can only charge the shotgun while executting something like the aerial roulette or the other spinning attack with osiris in mid-air, because those 2 attacks take more time to complete and gives me time to charge the shotgun once...

I once tried to change the shotting button to R1 because I felt I only needed demon dodge but I forgot about the demon grab/pull >.<

I remember doing this in DMC4 with nero because I changed the shotting button to R2 but I can't do it in this game

If I have to change that button, what do you suggest? Thank you in advance!

We don't actually discuss the game here, the 360 boards are for that. BTW your sig is wrong as the FF fanbase usually is in defense of XIII-2's story...
---
"FlameBaiting is like Jc on DMC, it's smooth and takes skill. A DmC pro like you would never be able to pull it off" 5hadows
#3megaultrarice34Posted 2/25/2013 1:13:52 AM
One of the two dodge buttons I guess
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#4sillycatstevenPosted 2/25/2013 1:20:38 AM
i remapped the demon and angle state change to the same side and moved gun to the freed up trigger then changed gun special to square.
this is what i had:
L2 angle weapon
L1 demon weapon
R2 gun (originally square)
R1 dodge (you only need one dodge)
square gun special (originally square + X)
down for DT
the others are the same

charge gun with middle finger and you'll have your index finger for dodging.
if you really want two dodges, you can have square as the second dodge.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#5truly_FLCLPosted 2/25/2013 1:23:30 AM
it's impossible to both charge and use pulls/lifts in the same combo (unless you do one before/after the other), if that's what you're asking

if you're asking about getting a full charge while still attacking, i suggest a loop that doesn't make use of pulls/lifts, e.g.:

(while in mid-air) arbiter's launch > let go of demon button > start charging ebony & ivory > gun special back into the air > arbiter launch > gun special > let go of e & i > whatever

did that answer it

i'm not sure i get your question entirely
---
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af152/masshi/sad_ckcs.jpg
#6KaptainK00lPosted 2/25/2013 1:24:58 AM
I haven't quite gotten down the gun charge during combos thing myself :|
Also I laughed a bit at "We don't discuss the game here" followed by people telling TC what they do.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#7truly_FLCLPosted 2/25/2013 1:26:41 AM
From: sillycatsteven | Posted: 2/25/2013 1:20:38 AM | #004
i remapped the demon and angle state change to the same side and moved gun to the freed up trigger then changed gun special to square.
this is what i had:
L2 angle weapon
L1 demon weapon
down for DT
the others are the same

oooh, while we're on this let me share mine, too:

L1 = jump (personally makes it easier to jump cancel)
L2 = angel button

R1 = shoot
R2 = demon button

triangle = basic attack
square = dodge
x = gun special
circle = launch

down (d-pad) = DT
---
http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af152/masshi/sad_ckcs.jpg
#8ShiningBlader(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 1:27:16 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
this is what i had:
L2 angle weapon
L1 demon weapon
down for DT
the others are the same

I guess that using the demon grab is a little hard with this hun? pressing both R2 and either L1 or L2. I remember not doing it properly but again, I might have not pressed the buttons hard enough...

I will ask on the Xbox boards. Thanks again
---
One thing that the FF fanbase has over KH's is that at least they are the first ones to admit when their game's writting sucks.
#9ShiningBlader(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 1:31:22 AM
whoa, guess I'll stay here...

truly_FLCL posted...
it's impossible to both charge and use pulls/lifts in the same combo (unless you do one before/after the other), if that's what you're asking

Yeah, I realised that when I've tried but some people on youtube make it look like it is possible lol

truly_FLCL posted...
L1 = jump (personally makes it easier to jump cancel)
L2 = angel button

R1 = shoot
R2 = demon button

triangle = basic attack
square = dodge
x = gun special
circle = launch

down (d-pad) = DT

This one looks a little complicated to use demon grab but especially to jump! I suppose you got used to it hun?
---
#10sillycatstevenPosted 2/25/2013 1:44:00 AM
ShiningBlader posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
this is what i had:
L2 angle weapon
L1 demon weapon
down for DT
the others are the same

I guess that using the demon grab is a little hard with this hun? pressing both R2 and either L1 or L2. I remember not doing it properly but again, I might have not pressed the buttons hard enough...

?? demon pull is hold L1 then press R2. they are on different shoulders. i don't see what's so difficult about it?
also, if you press shoot too fast after holding the weapon change buttons sometimes the grabs don't come out. not sure why.

btw, i'd never see the need to change jump button. JC is easy to do in this game and you only JC after circle moves anyway. furthermore, you don't need JC except to get one tormented soul and one bonus key... and there are other ways to get them...
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.