Where would you like the next DMC to pick up from?

#21Dathrowed1Posted 2/27/2013 10:08:26 PM
darker95 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
darker95 posted...
produner posted...
After DMC4 to explain what led to DMC2 dante, then that would make setting a game after 2 easier, and DMC2 dante returns to his curayzeh personality after escaping hell.

READ THE DMC NOVEL 2 and the dmc 4 novel it explains who and where nero came from, his mother was called a whore by the other townsfolk and he was praised because he had white/silver hair just like their savior.

DMC4 novel isn't canon buddy

really then what was the point in making it. last time i checked it was canon.

The same reason they make the games, to entertain the fans
---
sig
#22Orange00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:45:05 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Orange00 posted...
After which game?

I personally would like a direct continuation to DMC3. Young Dante was always the coolest.

In a way I'd like to know more about Nero, but Dante in DMC4 wasn't so much to my liking.. maybe if it was a Nero-only game..

1: No he wasn't always the coolest

2: He acted the same in 4 as he did in 3, so you're contradicting yourself.

Pick a stance bro.

dude..
1: obviously an opinion, wth?

2: as much as i like the reckless crazy dante, as someone said here, when he's in his late 30's or something, he just seems like he's having a mid-life crisis. Tone down his output a bit and i'm fine. Closer to his DMC1 persona.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#23No_one_specialPosted 2/27/2013 10:56:49 PM(edited)
Varuney posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
I think we've all established that DMC2 Dante was like that because he ate a bad pizza

Seems legit....

The current fanon seems to hold that Dante's personality hardened because Trish and/or Lady died on a mission together...

2: as much as i like the reckless crazy dante, as someone said here, when he's in his late 30's or something, he just seems like he's having a mid-life crisis. Tone down his output a bit and i'm fine. Closer to his DMC1 persona.

His DMC1 persona was when he was less powerful than he was in 4, though. By the time of 4, he'd slain Mundus, drove Belphegor from the world, and defeated Abigail, who was said to be even more powerful than Mundus himself. At the same time, he'd avenged the deaths of his brother and mother at the hands of Mundus and succeeded in surpassing his legendary father in power.

So it makes a lot more sense that he'd be flippant and more arrogant in 4 because there are few true threats to him. The only moments I recall him ever being concerned with the Savior was when he was trying to wake Nero up from the core and when the Savior brought down that massive punch on him(which he seemed to strain against) right before Nero burst out of it with Kyrie.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#24KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/27/2013 10:54:43 PM
No_one_special posted...
Varuney posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
I think we've all established that DMC2 Dante was like that because he ate a bad pizza

Seems legit....

The current fanon seems to hold that Dante's personality hardened because Trish and/or Lady died on a mission together...

I prefer to think Nero died. Something like DMC4 Dante (all care free and goofy) messes up and Nero dies. It explains his absence and Dante's no nonsense attitude in 2. He doesn't want that to happen again.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#25No_one_specialPosted 2/27/2013 11:01:25 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
No_one_special posted...
Varuney posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Seems legit....

I prefer to think Nero died. Something like DMC4 Dante (all care free and goofy) messes up and Nero dies. It explains his absence and Dante's no nonsense attitude in 2. He doesn't want that to happen again.

I doubt Nero would die like that, though. By the end of 4, he'd proven that he, at least, rivals Dante in power when he destroys the False Savior without even trying, something that even gave Dante a bit of pause(note the audible strain in Dante's voice after he blocks that full-on punch from the Savior right before Nero comes out with Kyrie).

Plus, while Nero's his nephew and all, I doubt Dante would be that hugely affected by Nero's death. He's been shown to have romantic feelings for both Trish and Lady on a few occasions(namely near the ends of DMC 1 and 3) and he probably still did even after their relationships had passed.

So, odds are, it was one or both of them dying that caused him to grow as distant as he was in 2.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#26gregamastaPosted 2/27/2013 11:03:38 PM
Here's an impossibilty:

A game after DMC2 with 30 missions featuring Dante, Nero, and Vergil.

-We see the return of vergil
-Nero's relationship to Sparda is explained
-Dante explains how he got out of the demon world and magically regains his badass attitude and starts kicking @$$.
-Each has his own story that ultimately ends at the same point in a final battle where the three team up to take down the last boss. much like the arkham fight in DMC3.

Here's a bad idea that i would play anyways:

after DMC3, a crossover.

-DmC dante somehow lands in the DMC universe and vice versa.
-A story and levels where the the actions of one affect the other.
-we get to see the young and arrogant DMC dante interact with his counterpart. I think they would get along...maybe.
---
-*S.T.A.R.S*Commander Chris Redfield PSN: Devilsnevercry_3. making hard decisions and owning females, that's what being a leader is about.
#27darkslayer001Posted 2/27/2013 11:09:28 PM
gregamasta posted...
Here's an impossibilty:

A game after DMC2 with 30 missions featuring Dante, Nero, and Vergil.

-We see the return of vergil
-Nero's relationship to Sparda is explained
-Dante explains how he got out of the demon world and magically regains his badass attitude and starts kicking @$$.
-Each has his own story that ultimately ends at the same point in a final battle where the three team up to take down the last boss. much like the arkham fight in DMC3.

Here's a bad idea that i would play anyways:

after DMC3, a crossover.

-DmC dante somehow lands in the DMC universe and vice versa.
-A story and levels where the the actions of one affect the other.
-we get to see the young and arrogant DMC dante interact with his counterpart. I think they would get along...maybe.

Capcom would very well fix the RE6 multiple campaign issue with DMC5 by including dante, vergil and nero...
#28dillpickle69Posted 2/27/2013 11:58:05 PM
I heavily doubt Nero rivaled Dante by the end of 4... In fact, I heard that someone from Capcom said he was supposed to rival dmc3 Dante by the end of 4. Also separate campaigns was a wish I always had for dmc5. 20 missions each character, and each gets completely different levels. But as for Vergil being in it, meh, I prefer the dead stay dead.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#29Orange00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:59:30 PM
No_one_special posted...
Varuney posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Seems legit....

His DMC1 persona was when he was less powerful than he was in 4, though. By the time of 4, he'd slain Mundus, drove Belphegor from the world, and defeated Abigail, who was said to be even more powerful than Mundus himself. At the same time, he'd avenged the deaths of his brother and mother at the hands of Mundus and succeeded in surpassing his legendary father in power.

So it makes a lot more sense that he'd be flippant and more arrogant in 4 because there are few true threats to him. The only moments I recall him ever being concerned with the Savior was when he was trying to wake Nero up from the core and when the Savior brought down that massive punch on him(which he seemed to strain against) right before Nero burst out of it with Kyrie.

This makes sense, still, don't care that much for DMC4 Dante. Maybe it's because of the scenes he gets in DMC4. Opera scene and that gilgamesh scene really didn't do it for me. Not cool. (OPINION!!!)

Also, I wanted to note that to explain Nero's origin, it doesn't have to happen after DMC4 or 2. You could have a sequel to DMC3 (or 1) where Dante would hear about Vergils offspring or something. Of course this would make it less personl for Nero, but yea..
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#30pariah23Posted 2/28/2013 1:39:48 AM
After DmC, of course.