I miss the PS2 era of Hack 'n Slash games

#1buakawppPosted 2/25/2013 12:50:13 PM
I'm playing through Metal Gear Rising and it is boring compared to DmC, goes to show how shallow hack and slash games have become this generation. I didn't even enjoy GOW3 due to some really bland weapons I couldn't even complete the game.

Remember how fun and addictive DMC was? Onimusha1, onimusha 2 even 3 was pretty awesome...so were most of the PS2 hack and slack classics. remember Rygar? Chaos Legion? GOW 1 and 2? LOTR; Return of the King? Prince of Persia? Tenchu?

those were the days where hack n slash games were truly EPIC.
#2A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/25/2013 12:54:38 PM
Prince of Persia?
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#3KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/25/2013 12:55:12 PM
buakawpp posted...
I'm playing through Metal Gear Rising and it is boring compared to DmC, goes to show how shallow hack and slash games have become this generation. I didn't even enjoy GOW3 due to some really bland weapons I couldn't even complete the game.

Remember how fun and addictive DMC was? Onimusha1, onimusha 2 even 3 was pretty awesome...so were most of the PS2 hack and slack classics. remember Rygar? Chaos Legion? GOW 1 and 2? LOTR; Return of the King? Prince of Persia? Tenchu?

those were the days where hack n slash games were truly EPIC.

Be right back, I need to go laugh for about 6 hours.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#4buakawpp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:57:44 PM
Be right back, i need to sleep for 8 hours due to how lame MGR is.
#5KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/25/2013 1:00:20 PM
buakawpp posted...

Try sleeping on Reveangeance mode. By the time an enemy in DmC manages to wind up one attack, you'll have died 30 times in MGR.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#6QCTeamkillPosted 2/25/2013 1:01:32 PM
Tenchu yeah, felt like a REAL ninja game, but wasn't that a PS1 game?

Prince of persia, if talking about the SNES version yeah, actually the parry and counter-parry mechanic against armored swordsmen in MGR feels a bit like it. But the rythm of blocking and attack made the fights feel so... theatrical, in a good way.
#7buakawpp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 1:02:10 PM
I don't think I can put myself through the repetitive combat, cheesy as hell dialogue and over the top hideous cut scenes.
#8KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/25/2013 1:03:05 PM
buakawpp posted...
I don't think I can put myself through the repetitive combat, cheesy as hell dialogue and over the top hideous cut scenes.

I know, DmC sure is a terrible game. I wouldn't put myself through that either.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#9QCTeamkillPosted 2/25/2013 1:04:01 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
buakawpp posted...

Try sleeping on Reveangeance mode. By the time an enemy in DmC manages to wind up one attack, you'll have died 30 times in MGR.

I can go through most EVERYTHING on Revengeance mode by running in circles mashing square with the fox blade, I stop every now and then for a quick zandatsu: S-RANK!

Yeah, that game is no Ninja Gaiden.
#10Some_HoarPosted 2/25/2013 1:04:53 PM
shinobi sequel when
---
Bald_Money posted...
How many alternate accounts does Some_Hoar have? From the look of things, it's something like 6.