I miss the PS2 era of Hack 'n Slash games

#21buakawpp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 12:14:07 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
buakawpp posted...
Be right back, i need to sleep for 8 hours due to how lame MGR is.

Try sleeping on Reveangeance mode. By the time an enemy in DmC manages to wind up one attack, you'll have died 30 times in MGR.

I can go through most EVERYTHING on Revengeance mode by running in circles mashing square with the fox blade, I stop every now and then for a quick zandatsu: S-RANK!

Yeah, that game is no Ninja Gaiden.

So, you need to use the severely overpowered weapon just to beat it?

Yeah, it sure is easy.

What? I don't NEED it, but the option is friggin there.

You antis brought up the demon dodge trinity smash vid, almost every day, for what 3 months.

What do you reply to someone who answers with "Just don't use it"?

LOL these antis are pure hypocrites.
#22QCTeamkillPosted 2/25/2013 12:15:43 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

A game mechanic is not the same as a DLC overpowered weapon.

Oh, yeah I forgot my gamers law bible... That's article 7.11b right?
#23KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/25/2013 12:19:45 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Dude, you're comparing using a DLC weapon that was made overpowered on purpose to a game mechanic that was essentially broken.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#24Pesmerga255Posted 2/25/2013 12:23:05 PM
I miss the PS2 era trolls. They were a lot more effective.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#25RichterB17Posted 2/25/2013 12:23:09 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

But he's right, the fox blade is a dlc weapon that not everybody owns. Wigs are the equivalent to the bandana and stealth camo in previous games so those don't count either. If you were talking about spamming Jack the Ripper mode then you may have had something there, but you didn't. You used an item that is almost the equivalent of a God Mode cheat code.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#26sworderPosted 2/25/2013 12:30:40 PM
This is a terrible topic.

Prince of Persia as a hack and slash? Lord of the rings game is epic? The garbage that was Chaos Legion?

No wonder you think DmC is better than MGR. You like crappy games.
#27KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/25/2013 12:32:19 PM
sworder posted...
This is a terrible topic.

Prince of Persia as a hack and slash? Lord of the rings game is epic? The garbage that was Chaos Legion?

No wonder you think DmC is better than MGR. You like crappy games.

You had me until there. CL was great, do you even lift?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#28produnerPosted 2/25/2013 12:39:27 PM
LOL DmC has some major balance problems with game mechanics and weapons, and, not only arbiter and demon dodge.

Enemies in MGR can easily one-shot you at higher difficulties and you need to be extremely fast and precise when you dodge and parry in MGR, even if you were using wigs or overpowered fox blade, you will get owned if you're not skillful enough.

MGR does have some overpowered moves and blade mode cancelling makes things easier just like jump canceling, but still you need skill and tactics in MGR.
#29Malus_X6Posted 2/25/2013 12:46:20 PM
Last gen, companies really had to put just about everything they had into making a game. They didn't have the crutch of depending on online services so they could release patches everytime a bug or glitch showed up. DLC wasn't around so they could gyp us out of content that should have been in on Day muthaf***in' One. They actually HAD to spend time on their product.

Oh well, what's done is done.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#30GeminiEntityPosted 2/25/2013 12:55:14 PM
I can go through most EVERYTHING on Revengeance mode by running in circles mashing square with the fox blade, I stop every now and then for a quick zandatsu: S-RANK!

Yeah, that game is no Ninja Gaiden.

Complaining about how a game is easy when you are using special weapons that are meant to be over powered, how silly.
---
Rock You
---