HnS genre is not dead; DmC was just bad. MGR sales are a proof.

#1AsimLeonheartPosted 2/25/2013 6:52:06 PM
MGR sales for UK are in and the game went head to head with Crysis 3 in its debut week by taking the second spot by a difference of only 5,500 units. Kojima himself has stated that the game is selling well worldwide. We can all conclude that the HnS genre is healthy and good games by good developers do sell. DmC was just a bad decision by CAPCOM.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/25/crysis-3-pips-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-to-top-this-weeks/
#2RetsuxDPosted 2/25/2013 6:55:11 PM
When GoW:A gets released, I'm sure the knife will be twisted some more.
#3caffiend7Posted 2/25/2013 6:55:21 PM
Standing here...
#4cyanide_suicidePosted 2/25/2013 7:00:55 PM
Glad to see MGR is selling as well as it is even with heavy competition releasing alongside it.

DmC managed to sell squat, and it's only competition was games that had already been out for months.
#5DaRkStaR1127Posted 2/25/2013 7:19:52 PM
I also don't understand how you comparing METAL GEAR SOLID to devil may cry or god of war. Two games which are popular as hell and DMC is no where near. And I don't care what anyone says gow is coo but the DMC franchise is better anyway. What are the sales numbers of the two series?
#6360pagesPosted 2/25/2013 7:22:14 PM
The thing is it's not a Metal Gear Solid game.

It's a metal Gear Rising game. It's not suppose to replace the main series, unlike this game.

Plus, this game was trying to sell on name alone as well, which failed horribly.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#7AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:27:28 PM
Looks like the pros are no more just like their excuses. Maybe they are just fighting Hollow Ichigo... oops! I mean Hollow Vergil in that one hour and $8 dollar dlc. Man the creativity and originality of Ninja Theory is mind blowing. I bet I had never heard or seen a "Hollow" character before Vergil's Downfall... or maybe I have... a few years earlier... Cant quite remember where... :-)
#8AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:33:27 PM
DaRkStaR1127 posted...
I also don't understand how you comparing METAL GEAR SOLID to devil may cry or god of war. Two games which are popular as hell and DMC is no where near. And I don't care what anyone says gow is coo but the DMC franchise is better anyway. What are the sales numbers of the two series?

MGR does not features Solid Snake, is not a game by Kojima and is not a stealth game. It is a brand new HnS spin-off game which had yet to prove itself to the audience. It is the same genre as DmC, released in the same economic conditions and released only a month later while facing competition from Crysis 3. Moreover, DmC fans/pros were claiming that the economic conditions and dying HnS genre are responsible for the game's poor sales. MGR proved them wrong and that is why it is being compared to DmC.
#9zhaoyun99Posted 2/25/2013 7:45:54 PM
AsimLeonheart posted...
DaRkStaR1127 posted...

MGR does not features Solid Snake, is not a game by Kojima and is not a stealth game. It is a brand new HnS spin-off game which had yet to prove itself to the audience. It is the same genre as DmC, released in the same economic conditions and released only a month later while facing competition from Crysis 3. Moreover, DmC fans/pros were claiming that the economic conditions and dying HnS genre are responsible for the game's poor sales. MGR proved them wrong and that is why it is being compared to DmC.

Pros had a lot of excuse. If HnS games are dying then the Warriors series shouldn't be that popular in the eastern area. Beat them up and HnS are usually more popular in Asia while shooters are more Western oriented. MGR did pretty damn well as a HnS and it deserved its credit since they put a lot of thought into that game. Plus, it's by P* game which was known as for their HnS genre. Not to mention DmC was out when it literally HAD NO COMPETITION.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#10ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/25/2013 7:46:11 PM
caffiend7 posted...
Standing here...

I realize...