HnS genre is not dead; DmC was just bad. MGR sales are a proof.

#91Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 2/26/2013 5:00:19 PM(edited)
AsimLeonheart posted...
MGR sales for UK are in and the game went head to head with Crysis 3 in its debut week by taking the second spot by a difference of only 5,500 units. Kojima himself has stated that the game is selling well worldwide. We can all conclude that the HnS genre is healthy and good games by good developers do sell. DmC was just a bad decision by CAPCOM.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/25/crysis-3-pips-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-to-top-this-weeks/

Except there's no numbers...And the UK charts are horrific sales wise.

#1 spot was probably taken with only 90k-100k...and that's being generous.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#92buakawppPosted 2/26/2013 5:05:06 PM
sales don't make a game any good, MGR is a disgrace to the MGS franchise and its a poor, repetitive experience that i'd like to forget about. Even DmC was better lol
#93ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/26/2013 5:07:27 PM
buakawpp posted...
sales don't make a game any good, MGR is a disgrace to the MGS franchise and its a poor, repetitive experience that i'd like to forget about. Even DmC was better lol

Pay the troll toll.
#94AzurexNightmarePosted 2/26/2013 5:08:22 PM
For the last ****ing time they ARE NOT HACK AND SLASH GAMES.

They are ACTIONS GAMES. When will you people understand?
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
Creator of the popular Ameno Sagiri and Friends
#95KuxirockPosted 2/26/2013 5:11:51 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
buakawpp posted...

Pay the troll toll.

The Nightman Cometh?
#96MightyBaconXPosted 2/26/2013 5:38:32 PM
buakawpp posted...

For the last time, don't let the troll out from under its bridge. Don't feed it either.
#97caffiend7Posted 2/26/2013 5:46:59 PM
buakawpp posted...

Now you're just being nasty!
#98Ink-RibbonPosted 2/26/2013 5:56:32 PM
So, what's the official sale numbers for MGR?
#99RichterB17Posted 2/26/2013 6:05:44 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
You've followed your own...

*Buzz Noise* Correction "You followed your wrath"
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#100Ink-RibbonPosted 2/26/2013 6:07:09 PM
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
MGR sales for UK are in and the game went head to head with Crysis 3 in its debut week by taking the second spot by a difference of only 5,500 units. Kojima himself has stated that the game is selling well worldwide. We can all conclude that the HnS genre is healthy and good games by good developers do sell. DmC was just a bad decision by CAPCOM.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/25/crysis-3-pips-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-to-top-this-weeks/

Except there's no numbers...And the UK charts are horrific sales wise.

#1 spot was probably taken with only 90k-100k...and that's being generous.

So, it seems that is performing woRse than DmC...IMPOSSIBLE!!!!