Why do people say DMC had "nowhere to go".

#1RetsuxDPosted 2/26/2013 7:35:15 AM
Are people purposely ignoring how Nero's backstory was left unexplained, how DMC3 Dante came to be the successful devil hunter he is in DMC1, how DMC2 Dante rode all the way into hell, where Mundus is still sealed(Because in DMC1, Dante doesn't kill Mundus), the huge time gaps between 3 and 1, 1 and 4, and 4 and 2?

Why do people ignore facts when they aren't favorable for their arguments?

There was still plenty of ground to work with, the fact that Capcom did not want to experience with it, it's just something to regret.
#2KyryloPosted 2/26/2013 7:40:07 AM
of course they are. They can's wait to see some more F*** fest from donte.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 2/26/2013 7:40:27 AM
I think people just go back to the fact that Capcom can't do anything good anymore. That's why.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4KyryloPosted 2/26/2013 7:48:23 AM
Well that's something they had with NT in common.
#5bobbysjobyPosted 2/26/2013 8:22:49 AM
Dmc 4 showed that capxom disnt kno what to do. Instead of thinking of a legit threat to dante they rehashed 2 and 3s human trying to open hell gates for powe r, and threw in a half baked dante clone with a generic personality and clumsilly unfinished/ cliched backstory
#6syctheweilderPosted 2/26/2013 8:50:29 AM
bobbysjoby posted...
Dmc 4 showed that capxom disnt kno what to do. Instead of thinking of a legit threat to dante they rehashed 2 and 3s human trying to open hell gates for powe r, and threw in a half baked dante clone with a generic personality and clumsilly unfinished/ cliched backstory

This is exactly what happens in DmC, sans the human villain.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 2/26/2013 8:54:55 AM
bobbysjoby posted...

I need more powe r.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8NeoTStylePosted 2/26/2013 10:11:40 AM
Because that's the only argument (lol) they can think of for DmC's existence.
#9DJ_0000Posted 2/26/2013 10:22:24 AM
Mainly because Dante is so powerful there is pretty much nothing to challenge him anymore. Considering he got considerably stronger since DMC1 he should be able to take Mundus on with less effort and really what is the point of seeing him go on random missions when previously we've seen him take on these big, bad guys like Vergil and Mundus?

When it comes to Nero there really isn't much to say, his background isn't explained but a large portion of the fanbase didn't like him anyway. The fact that the games always jumped around the timeline and ended up being fairly convoluted didn't help either.
#10zhaoyun99Posted 2/26/2013 10:28:17 AM
You can ask Cashcom (not Capcom anymore) mind about that. Some of the most common logic didn't apply to them anymore. Back when DMC3 DA when they listen to the fans and difficulty up by one level? Not anymore. They are too thicked head right now.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun