Why is the media and NT so quiet about DmC flopping?

#141ZeroX91Posted 2/27/2013 6:45:37 PM
Atalalama posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
ShadowZero007 posted...
I guess we are the same age then :p

Creepy...ehh

Just a little.

As long as your birthday isn't in March, I think we're good. lol

Heh, young pups.

We can take ya', come on Shadow.
Let's make me the alpha.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#142ShadowZero007Posted 2/27/2013 6:53:35 PM
Pshh fine I'll be the Zeta; everyone knows that was the best Gundam Series.

(And whew; I'm an October myself)
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#143XeoPosted 2/27/2013 7:26:49 PM
Shadowrider70 posted...
They refuse to admit that the game was a flop

It's hard to admit something that isn't true.

The game did pretty well. Especially considered the army of fanboys it had to stand against.
---
"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."
#144HellsControllerPosted 2/27/2013 7:31:29 PM
Xeo posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...

The game did pretty well. Especially considered the army of fanboys it had to stand against.

>expected 2 million
>then lowered to 1.2
>sells 600k
>lowest selling DMC game ever
>sold less than DMC1, which at the time was a new IP, while this one rode on the popularity of the series
>somehow not considered flop
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#145king_maddenPosted 2/27/2013 7:45:21 PM
again, why do people here care so much that a game they didnt like or buy didnt sell all that well?

now if they look at this and say "ok no more DMC people dont want it". will that be mission accomplished?
#146Wolf_TorrentPosted 2/27/2013 8:35:24 PM(edited)
Lurking around forums is one way of tracking where your favorite franchise is headed...but that's being constructive, isn't it?

No, I'd guess the many are here to just...talk.
#147Dark_EpathyPosted 2/27/2013 8:34:17 PM
From the beginning, a number of the antis were interested in seeing the game fail out of spite and vindictiveness. I'm not going to hide the fact that I don't agree with the thinking. Anyway. They have their reasons. Now that the numbers are out, some of them see fit to gloat.

Some supporters of the game had previously tried to use the positive reviews to do the same thing, to spite the antis for being so harsh on the game.

It really comes down to "I'm right, and you're wrong."
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#148Solblade44Posted 2/27/2013 9:13:55 PM
Simply put: they don't care. The game is out and its been over a month now. The major gaming sites/magazines/big name internet people passed their judgment. Those who wanted to buy the game have probably already done so. There's no reason for the media to keep talking about it when newer and better stuff is right around the corner. DmC had its time to shine and it passed.

Plus if Ninja Theory says anything about it, it'll look bad for them because as Tameem has already said he doesn't care if the game sells or not. He shouldn't have to: all he had to do was push out a product and now it's Capcom's problem. Of course, it won't look good on their portfolio considering it'd be *another* game that they've managed to fumble.

The only group willing to pipe up and say something will probably be Capcom once March has passed and the game still hasn't recouped its losses. Knowing them, they'll probably try to shift the blame on somebody else.
---
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd272/Solblade44/SSBB/Sol44.jpg
GT: Solblade44
#149fesodesPosted 2/27/2013 9:14:47 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
It really comes down to "I'm right, and you're wrong."

Exactly! Oh and may I add that it feels great to be right.
#150rice_noodlesPosted 2/27/2013 9:23:51 PM
HellsController posted...
Xeo posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...

>expected 2 million
>then lowered to 1.2
>sells 600k
>lowest selling DMC game ever
>sold less than DMC1, which at the time was a new IP, while this one rode on the popularity of the series
>somehow not considered flop

Selling less than Lego Lord of the Rings, Lego Batman and MoH Warfighter a couple weeks in.