Capcom:"HA HA! We'll reboot DMC and get 5 million in sales! HA HA!"

#21ZeroX91Posted 2/27/2013 8:58:14 PM
krauser135 posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
I'm sure one of those stones somewhere will help it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SocJrL6qDDE

Didn't throwing an apple at magikarp in the waterfall stage push it to evolve inside said waterfall? Or was it the gasbomb that does that?

Maybe, haven't played it in ages. I just remember findin' the charmeilon "murder" hysterical.
I think the gasbomb just put stuff to sleep.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#22RatedStingerPosted 2/27/2013 9:05:30 PM
HellsController posted...
TORtanic was the biggest flop I think.

I'm gonna go with this since TOR went free to play in less than a year.
---
TAKA: WE ARE EEEEEVILLLL!!!!!!!!!!!
Funaki: INDEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#23SiLVeR_420Posted 2/27/2013 9:11:26 PM
RatedStinger posted...
HellsController posted...
TORtanic was the biggest flop I think.

I'm gonna go with this since TOR went free to play in less than a year.

That was bound to happen anyways.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#24CrevoxPosted 2/27/2013 11:38:28 PM(edited)
As of January 2013, one million copies had been shipped.

In addition, their expectation is "shipped", not "sold." 1.2 million copies is the target shipped, and they are not counting the PC version in either scenario.

If you guys are gonna try to mock Capcom, at least know what you're talking about. The financial year isn't even over.
#25Honey-BoyPosted 2/27/2013 11:58:36 PM
cyanide_suicide posted...
*Several months, insults, and wubwubs later*

Capcom: "Okay, because our ENTITLED fanbase now hates us we expect this game to sell over 2 million copies. Even though it will sell less than DMC4, it will still be a great success! HA HA!"

*Game is released and sales numbers start coming in*

Capcom: Okay, we are now projecting 1.2 million sales by the end of March, making it the worst-selling DMC title ever. Why aren't you guys buying this game? =( "

*Fast-forward to today, where DmC is struggling to sell more than half of that 1.2 million, especially now that legitimate competition is out now and out on the horizon*

Capcom: "..."

Is this game the biggest AAA flop of all time?

LETS ANTAGONIZE OUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS AND FANS, INSULT THEM AND HOLD DMC5 AT RANSOM.

no one buys DmC...

MGR comes out, it is a smashing success.

WHY WONT YOU BUY OUR GAMMMMMME!????

sales at an all time low for devil may cry reboot, the HD collection has higher sales.

NT is embarrassed and has gone silent.

FINE! WE WILL CONSIDER DOING DMC5...

nobody cares, everyone is too caught up with MGR, God of War Ascension and Anarchy Reigns.

i think capcom is gonna get very desperate with the next dmc game... should they bother to try.
---
~choose death~
#26testament067Posted 2/28/2013 12:00:34 AM
Crevox posted...

In addition, their expectation is "shipped", not "sold." 1.2 million copies is the target shipped, and they are not counting the PC version in either scenario.

If you guys are gonna try to mock Capcom, at least know what you're talking about. The financial year isn't even over.

Is this true?
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#27KyryloPosted 2/28/2013 12:09:25 AM
Crevox posted...

and now shocking news for you. It's not counts till the end of year, but rather till end of selling quarter. Which means they should sell 1,2 Mil. till the end of March. If not, well, it's flopped. BAM
#28testament067Posted 2/28/2013 12:15:49 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Crevox posted...

and now shocking news for you. It's not counts till the end of year, but rather till end of selling quarter. Which means they should sell 1,2 Mil. till the end of March. If not, well, it's flopped. BAM

So it hasn't flopped?

Not saying that its not on pace to flop.
---
#29KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/28/2013 12:19:11 AM
testament067 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Crevox posted...

So it hasn't flopped?

No, it still pretty much flopped. First week sales are usually the most important. DmC has been losing tremendous speed as the weeks go by as well. Chances are it won't even break a million. This means it will be the least selling DMC game to date (DMC3 is the lowest right now, and it had to deal with DMC2 coming before it).
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#30testament067Posted 2/28/2013 12:30:36 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
testament067 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Crevox posted...

So it hasn't flopped?

No, it still pretty much flopped. First week sales are usually the most important. DmC has been losing tremendous speed as the weeks go by as well. Chances are it won't even break a million. This means it will be the least selling DMC game to date (DMC3 is the lowest right now, and it had to deal with DMC2 coming before it).

I see. Not that it makes any difference to me personally. I honestly never knew the sales numbers of the previous DMCs until I came to this punk ass board.

God Hand...one of my fav games ever...don't know/care how much it sold
same for Xenogears, Heavy Rain, the MGS series...etc

I wonder how we can call DmC a flop though....cuz we really don't know how much was spent on it...."expectations" are not a good measure IMO
---