Capcom:"HA HA! We'll reboot DMC and get 5 million in sales! HA HA!"

#31KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/28/2013 12:38:17 AM
testament067 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
testament067 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Crevox posted...
As of January 2013, one million copies had been shipped.

In addition, their expectation is "shipped", not "sold." 1.2 million copies is the target shipped, and they are not counting the PC version in either scenario.

If you guys are gonna try to mock Capcom, at least know what you're talking about. The financial year isn't even over.

and now shocking news for you. It's not counts till the end of year, but rather till end of selling quarter. Which means they should sell 1,2 Mil. till the end of March. If not, well, it's flopped. BAM

So it hasn't flopped?

Not saying that its not on pace to flop.

No, it still pretty much flopped. First week sales are usually the most important. DmC has been losing tremendous speed as the weeks go by as well. Chances are it won't even break a million. This means it will be the least selling DMC game to date (DMC3 is the lowest right now, and it had to deal with DMC2 coming before it).

I see. Not that it makes any difference to me personally. I honestly never knew the sales numbers of the previous DMCs until I came to this punk ass board.

God Hand...one of my fav games ever...don't know/care how much it sold
same for Xenogears, Heavy Rain, the MGS series...etc

I wonder how we can call DmC a flop though....cuz we really don't know how much was spent on it...."expectations" are not a good measure IMO

Actually, they're at least a decent measure. They give you the ballpark. Think about it. A company not only want to make it's money back, they want to make a profit. Capcom wanted 2 million copies shipped (and eventually sold), so we can at least guess that DmC wasn't cheap. Hell, they used the mocap studio and staff from Avatar. That can't be cheap. As of now, Capcom has barely made half of their new expectation which is 1.2 million.

I think Capcom will be lucky to make their money back on this game. If they see any profit, it will be negligible.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#32syctheweilderPosted 2/28/2013 12:44:34 AM
Didn't they want 5 mil first?

http://www.play.tm/news/31931/capcom-dmc4-s-2-7m-sales-not-enough-wants-5-from-reboot/
#33SSj7CloudSPosted 2/28/2013 12:47:12 AM
People acting like the game just barely hitting 1.2mil if it even does is some kind of success when that's still 3.8mil less than what they first projected.

It's still a flop no matter how you look at it.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Grandia II, The Last Story
PSN: jext77
#34testament067Posted 2/28/2013 12:59:37 AM
Still makes no difference to me.....I'm not that invested in the series or any video game series now that I think about....
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#35CrevoxPosted 2/28/2013 9:17:48 AM
As of now, Capcom has barely made half of their new expectation which is 1.2 million.

As of January, they already had over 1 million.

and now shocking news for you. It's not counts till the end of year, but rather till end of selling quarter. Which means they should sell 1,2 Mil. till the end of March. If not, well, it's flopped. BAM

I'm well aware of what a selling quarter is. They need 2 months to ship 200k units, which is possible. If they don't reach their target, it's not a "flop." The game could've sold enough to make back the costs of development and still made profit, just not as much as they were expecting. Again, we don't know, and assuming "flop" nonstop is not the way to go.
#36SiLVeR_420Posted 2/28/2013 9:54:05 AM
As of January, they already had over 1 million.

Um...no. they've only reached 500-600k sold by now. In January it was like only 400-500k.
That 1 million is shipped. They want 1.2 million sold.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#37SuigintouEVPosted 2/28/2013 11:43:38 AM
Capcom getting its just deserts for not bringing us games the games fans really want IE AAI2 and MML3
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#38wwinterj25Posted 2/28/2013 11:48:32 AM
Capcom will release DmC 2 as that's the most logical thing to do after beating a franchise to the ground.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj