I LOL'ed with the sales so much

#1DEBIAZPosted 2/28/2013 2:23:57 AM
MGR sold 335791 according to famitsu in JAPAN ONLY!!! (DmC in japan was just 160k)
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201302/27029488.html

and this is just the first week.....
and note that in japan, there's only the PS3 version...ONLY
(no XBox ver)

DmC sold around 600k WORLDWIDE (both platforms)...in FIVE weeks
while MGR already 300K...JAPAN ONLY (PS3 only)...in the FIRST week
?
wow.... i can't stop laughing lol

Comparisons with other major titles in the same genre (first week sales):
01./00. [PS3] DmC: Devil May Cry (Capcom) - 110,429 / NEW
21./00. [360] DmC: Devil May Cry (Capcom) - 6,000 / NEW
-
02./00. [PS3] Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) - 205,390 / NEW
07./00. [360] Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) - 40,023 / NEW

seriously? wow , ha ha ha ha!!

nothing much, I just really want to hang the saling charts infront of Crapcom's face

I wonder how much MGR sold worldwide
#2OmegaPosted 2/28/2013 2:26:41 AM
What are MGR's numbers compared to PW when it launched? I'm curious if interest in the series has gone up with the genre shift.
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#3Deadly_RavePosted 2/28/2013 2:42:16 AM
"It was the PlayStation 3 version of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance of this action title that sliced up the sales charts, pushing 335,791 units across Japan. While that doesn’t top the series’ highest-selling entry, which is Metal Gear Solid 3 at 487,156, it is the most successful game in its genre to release in Japan since the original Devil May Cry."

From
http://stickskills.com/2013/02/27/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-takes-top-spot-in-japan/

The most successful game in its genre to release in Japan since the original Devil May Cry. That's very impressive! Not even actual DMC games managed to do that!

Congrats Raiden! You've come a long way from being the guy who slipped on bird-crap, was pissed on by a guard, and ran around butt-naked after getting your clothes stolen. Always thought you were cool though, regardless.
#4DrunkBeardGuyPosted 2/28/2013 2:54:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#5SwiftmendPosted 2/28/2013 3:31:43 AM
RIP DmC, you will not be missed. I hope they bring back the real Dante, and then I can return to this series - and even then, I still prefer MGR at this point, sorry guys.
---
"Hey, would you say I became a hero?" - Zack Fair, FF7:Crisis Core
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/28/2013 3:33:20 AM
Yeah, it's quite funny.

The game deserved to flop so much and it did.

feelsgoodman
#7RockmanALPosted 2/28/2013 3:51:16 AM
Deadly_Rave posted...

The most successful game in its genre to release in Japan since the original Devil May Cry. That's very impressive! Not even actual DMC games managed to do that!

wow, really? cool man!

I'm really glad I played DmC at my friend's house while buying the limited edition of MGR, and Play Arts Kai Raiden! this is hellot better xD! everything was worth it

unlike DmC, I felt like I wasted my other gaming time >_>
shouldn't have complete/played it, but oh well had to do it or else nothing backs up what I say about DmC :/ (people still won't listen anyways, so maybe i really shouldn't play it since the start! lol)

man oh man, where are the pros?

oh wait, they will probably come with "sales doesn't have anything with a game being good or bad", and stuff..pfffft!!
---
Games, Manga, Anime, Gunpla, Figures ONLY!
I now conclude that, Ever17's story is eminently the BEST story of all I've seen/read in my "entire life".
#8ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/28/2013 4:02:56 AM
RockmanAL posted...
Deadly_Rave posted...

man oh man, where are the pros?

On the 360 board. They actually believe DmC is amazing.
#9IamthekuzalolPosted 2/28/2013 4:48:36 AM
So much for "this genre is dying" card used by the pros. ROFL.
#10KyryloPosted 2/28/2013 5:08:39 AM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
So much for "this genre is dying" card used by the pros. ROFL.

but...but....but...economics and war and hunger and world disaster that hit during january that affected sales, and...and....and.......