The real truth behind Platinum Games and Ninja Theory

#11NeoTStylePosted 2/28/2013 1:09:20 PM
Bayonetta 2 needed to be "saved".

They're better than NT, but not by much.

What exactly are you trying to say?

Bayonetta 2 needed to be saved because Sega simply isn't in the position to take risks or fund other developers' games anymore.

How does that put P* on NT's level in your eyes? For the record, you are wrong, P* are way better than NT and most devs, especially western devs.
#12NeoFalconHavokPosted 2/28/2013 1:16:57 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...
Bayonetta 2 needed to be "saved".

They're better than NT, but not by much.

"The best action game dev is only slightly better than NT, one of the worst devs out there."

Man, the crap people spout on this site.

The best action game dev has trouble selling their games. Just like NT.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#13NeoFalconHavokPosted 2/28/2013 1:19:33 PM
Bayonetta 2 needed to be saved because Sega simply isn't in the position to take risks or fund other developers' games anymore.

That is a cop out. If the first game sold well enough, it wouldn't NEED saving. Period.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#14ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/28/2013 1:22:29 PM
NeoFalconHavok posted...

That is a cop out. If the first game sold well enough, it wouldn't NEED saving. Period.

Bayonetta sold 1.4m copies. Not bad for a new IP, no marketing, style that turned the mainstream and dudebro gamer off, low budget.

Sega is broke as ****. They are not in a position to fund Bayonetta 2.
#15NeoFalconHavokPosted 2/28/2013 1:33:06 PM
That's all?

No wonder it needed to be saved. You know how easy it is to sell a million this day n' age?

And Sega IS in a position to fund big projects. They're owned by a billionare for crap's sake.
---
LMFAO
#16Zwei79Posted 2/28/2013 1:33:19 PM
sworder posted...
Platinum = 3 teams: Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101

NT = 1 team: tried splitting into 2 but failed, DmC is flopping, no new project in sight

Platinum = $$$$$$
NT = X_X

Why are you still on this board if DMC flopped to you go post on something you like
---
~ keep it cool ~
#17NeoTStylePosted 2/28/2013 1:46:55 PM(edited)
That's all?

No wonder it needed to be saved. You know how easy it is to sell a million this day n' age?

And Sega IS in a position to fund big projects. They're owned by a billionare for crap's sake.

Bayonetta 2 would've probably sold around the same amount of copies as the first one if not more.

But Sega didn't want to take the risk, no matter how unlikely it was to fail. It's as simple as that.

Also it's not easy at all to sell a million copies unless your franchise gets a lot of media attention and is a huge casual juggernaut like Assassin's Creed, CoD or Battlefield. Where the hell did you get that idea from?

Though viral marketing and advertising didn't help DmC at all, much to my pleasure.
#18sworder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 1:46:57 PM
Posting here is something I like

NeoFalconHavok posted...
That's all?

You know nothing about economics do you? If you're not making profit in the short term or long term, you're not in a position to fund anything
#19Pesmerga255Posted 2/28/2013 1:51:40 PM
inb4CaptainDamageControl
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#20shatterstarPosted 2/28/2013 1:58:08 PM(edited)
sworder posted...
Platinum = 3 teams: Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101

NT = 1 team: tried splitting into 2 but failed, DmC is flopping, no new project in sight

Platinum = $$$$$$
NT = X_X

What are you talking about?

They were working on a second project while working on DmC. Tameem stated that in an interview. That Ninja Theory are now a big enough studio to work on multiple projects, which they were doing while working on DmC.

That's why people were hoping that it was Enslaved 2 or Heavenly Sword 2. They said that it wasn't, with a huge smile on their faces.

I really believe it's Enslaved 2. Because Namco Bandi hasn't announced the olast of the 4 new projects yet.